Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 PM

330 posts, read 1,396,918 times

Advertisements

Did anyone watch the two new episodes this weekend? I found it interesting that both parties went against Kirsten's advice and they both still sold their properties and made a fat profit. Unfortunately - I think that's going to lead more people to get into the flipping game - not realizing - these are the exceptions, not the rule. I especially couldn't believe the flip in Pomona - where the guy pulled the nasty carpet up in his house - and made them put it in the flip house. I wonder what the new owners thought when(if) they saw the show. UGH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 04:14 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,386,217 times
I saw that episode Saturday. That guy drove me nuts before he even resorted to putting in used carpeting.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 PM

376 posts, read 1,501,009 times
This was a perfect example of why people need to be educated and hopefully work with a Realtor. That home was done so bad, that I am sure there would have been issues with the inspection and if I had represented them I would have asked for a carpet allowance in addition a reduced price for how bad the home was.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,252 times
Exclamation I don't believe this show is on the level-

The two morons presented were simply unbelieveable. The one guys stupidity was only surpassed by his arrogance, greed and vanity. Both were clueless about even the basics of construction. If you can believe they made a profit it could only be because of incredible luck or some underhanded dealings that weren't mentioned. No quality workmanship or ethics were ever present...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,130,949 times
It's Television, I don't beleive any of those shows, and their numbers are always skewed to make it more interesting....I have a feeling even if the people went bankrupt and were foreclosed on they would show a shot of them smiling in nice clothes (shot at the beginning of the show) because people like a happy ending.

The episode you are talking about was horrible. I know in my market the only people that would buy that house would be another investor to fix it up more (blue coutertops and unfinished flooring? c'mon) or they priced it so below everything else in that market that someone bought it because it was such a great deal.
Their money is really made in how cheap they can buy the house for.

If what they said was true about the sale, I think they found some uneducated buyer that didn't know any better and got screwed.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,863,130 times
The best episode I ever saw was a couple who did a house outside of Sacramento CA and ended up trying to sell it on Craigslist and failing. I believe it also was on Ebay and still didn't sell.... They were soooo crushed they might actually have to live in it for a while, oh the horror!!! I don't think these shows are really telling all. The only reason the flippers that failed at the top came to light is some paper got ahold of the story and published the heck out of it.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:04 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,739,330 times
Did you see the episode tonight with Nathan and Marcus with the condo they were going to finish in two weeks? Nathan reminds me of a guy I work with..it was scary. I would have walked off the job and told Nathan to do something not so nice with that little dog of his. Marcus and Sanford must be more tolerate than I because that would have been it for me and PIG Corp. I wonder if Nathan and Marcus are still in business or even friends now.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,982 times
Default Nathan Makes Me Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Did you see the episode tonight with Nathan and Marcus with the condo they were going to finish in two weeks? Nathan reminds me of a guy I work with..it was scary. I would have walked off the job and told Nathan to do something not so nice with that little dog of his. Marcus and Sanford must be more tolerate than I because that would have been it for me and PIG Corp. I wonder if Nathan and Marcus are still in business or even friends now.

Nathan and Marcus are brothers. If I had been Marcus, after the 16 weeks working with a jerk like Nathan, I would've taken what little profit money was my share and RUN LIKE HELL after it was sold and NEVER NEVER worked with my bro again. Nathan acted like a prima donna princess. I don't understand how you can be "too busy to make phone calls" but not too busy to call a group meeting about who is gonna make that stupid phone call. He made me sick. I almost couldn't finish watching the episode just because he was so prissy.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:14 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,653,670 times
So many of those scenes appear to be staged. What kind of person considers making a phone call to be manual labor anyway. From the looks of things, that guy could use a little manual labor. I don't think they were brothers, cuz one of them (Nathan) is rich, drove a nice 'cedes and brought his mom (who probably is the source of the $$) to the condo. The other, Marcus, doesn't seem to be as rich. Plus Marcus said that Nathan was funding the whole project.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM

915 posts, read 3,170,697 times
Did you see that crazy asian guys esp? One of them the fung shui master....man i felt bad for the other guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate