Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM

28 posts, read 111,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Jalikeakick View Post
just an update. still no offer from them after 5th showing. our realtor says they like our house, but really want a pool (which we don't have, but have plenty of room for)

we may have another interested party, we'll see.
Maybe the interested party is hoping you'll offer to put one in for them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
They are obviously having a hard time making a decision.

Next time they visit, have another couple (actors) come by to look at the house the same time and ask them to gush over what a good deal this is and how they can see their furniture here and there.

Maybe that will get them off the fence.
Nice, Joe. How about this.....Raise the price by 3%. You should have an offer after about 8 showings within a three or four week period (to 8 different parties). A) You definitely need the floor traffic to make a sale, but B) you do need to deal with idiots. C) You are going to be furious, when they don't qualify.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,322,845 times
Viewing a property five times with no offer is totally unreasonable. If I was the agent and got the call they wanted to see it again after viewing the property two times, I would ask their agent what is going on? I would tell their agent, are your clients going to make an offer? Because I don't want to inconvience my seller clients. I would be there for the 3rd showing If I haven't shown the property myself and answer any and all questions they have. After that, it would be up to the seller but I would advice them no more showings.

Last edited by behindthescreen; 04-12-2011 at 11:14 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 AM

487 posts, read 1,357,540 times
This advise is probably late, But...
Tell the lookers they are annoying the Heck out of you.
That they are indecisive and rude to inconvenience you as much as they have.
Tell them that you expect a full price offer and that due to their intrusiveness, not to ask for seller help on closing costs.
Then I would give your Realtor a good stern talking to for enabling this atrocious behavior.
Then as a final step to ensure you are not put upon in this way again, I would insist on being present at all showings of your home in the future. Make sure you follow the looky-loos into every room and scowl approprietly if they try to paw through your closets.
Some people just have no common courtesy.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,389,787 times
I can't imagine needing to see a property five times. It's not like the house is in process of renovation and is changing with each viewing.

It seems extremely tacky and rude to view a house that many times without making an offer.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM

218 posts, read 579,909 times
We have been the seller four times. It isn't fun, it's inconvenient BZuT remember it's. Buyer's market. They are in the driver's set now. Our neighbor has. Gorgeous place. She has had to show I at least twenty times, sometimes multiple times. She was just about to get testy but forced herself o keep quiet. Good thing cuz thes very picky multiple viewers made a full price offer. Yes it's hard bu hang in there!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM

218 posts, read 579,909 times
iPad malfunction - so sorry for the typos, friends. Hope that post was understandable!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:32 AM

391 posts, read 1,475,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Viewing a property five times with no offer is totally unreasonable. If I was the agent and got the call they wanted to see it again after viewing the property two times, I would ask their agent what is going on? I would tell their agent, are your clients going to make an offer? Because I don't want to inconvience my seller clients. I would be there for the 3rd showing If I haven't shown the property myself and answer any and all questions they have. After that, it would be up to the seller but I would advice them no more showings.

i wish i'd hired you as my realtor. after the 2nd showing, we asked her to be there, but she said that it could "put off" the buyers.

i just got news this morning that we should be getting an offer from another party within a day or so; these folks only came through twice.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,042 times
When we were looking for our house, we looked at one place that was a strong contender three times. The listing agent thought we were nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate