Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast off housewife View Post
I am so tired of people walking all over me just because I no longer have a man behind me for support. Honestly, this world is not at all set up for cast off, used up housewives.
If you really believe that, then you have a rough road ahead of you. There are millions of women who don't have "a man behind them for support" and they function just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 03:10 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,746,678 times
I still don't understand how you can be so sure she didn't call again, unless you were home the entire time.

While it may seem like a proud moment to stand up in court next to his fancy attorney, the judge has to abide by the legal system, whether it is 'fair' or not. His attorney knows much more about the law that judge needs to follow than you do. If he is the one with all the money you should be asking the court to have him pay for an attorney for you too. Don't put your pride before your financial well-being.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
If you really believe that, then you have a rough road ahead of you. There are millions of women who don't have "a man behind them for support" and they function just fine.
^^Agreed. That type of thinking scares me.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
Ditto

In the meantime, the OP remains in the home and it's not yet listed which sounds convenient.

OP has no way of knowing what if anything this agent said to anyone.

Maybe she had tried to call and the message was not relayed.
Maybe she lied,
Maybe your husband made it up.
Maybe his attorney made it up

What does any of this matter? OP is under court order to get sold.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'd love to know if there is such a thing in NC!

Vicki
Sending you a DM with some info

Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 3,545 times
My real estate agent advised me to hang on to the good faith deposit from the buyer, the buyer has a loan rejection letter but after the contingency period. I have an attorney to claim my damages but should I fight this or let the deposit go ?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 PM

718 posts, read 2,078,594 times
Is this your house? Are you on the title and the mortgage? If so, hire whomever you chose to do the measuring, etc. Not cast in stone that you use that particular realtor. If she lied under oath, then why would you suppose she would come up with a fair market value?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Yes it is my house, my name is on the title<br><br>

Old 08-09-2011, 01:59 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmann View Post
My real estate agent advised me to hang on to the good faith deposit from the buyer, the buyer has a loan rejection letter but after the contingency period. I have an attorney to claim my damages but should I fight this or let the deposit go ?
I can't interpret your contract, but if it says a particular date for financing, and the buyers missed that date, and your contract states you get the earnest money deposit if the buyer's miss the date, then it's cut and dry and you get the money.

If we're talking peanuts like $500, let it go as you can't sell your house to someone else with this dispute.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:05 PM

It is over 75K, but the buyers did not remove the contingency as they did not have the loan approved or denied. My realtor said dont return the deposit, it is one year we both have attorneys I have the rejection letter what are my chances if we go arbitration<br>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate