U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 AM

11 posts, read 11,730 times
Just thought y'all would want to know...did the walk-through this morning and found nothing wrong. The seller's realtor didn't even come. He sent the seller's fiance! This is not the first time the seller's realtor has appeared to maybe be a little bit "lazy." He also asked our realtor to prepare a counter-offer form based on an oral agreement that he should have prepared. I'm beginning to think he just didn't want to take time out of his day to actually DO the walk-through.

I told the seller's fiance that I hoped she didn't think we were trying to be difficult and he said that she felt the same way and thought the problem was just "two little boys in a sandbox"! Had a good visual with that one!

At any rate, the fiance couldn't have been nicer. Pointed out the alarm boxes, answered my questions. etc.

Thank you for all your "words of wisdom"...at least now I know WE weren't being difficult requesting the walk-through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,485,851 times
Glad this all worked out for you. Seller's agent maybe needs some help. Certainly shouldn't be in real estate.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 PM

576 posts, read 677,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
Glad this all worked out for you. Seller's agent maybe needs some help. Certainly shouldn't be in real estate.
It sounds as if the seller's agent is more than just ignorant! There was obviously some type of dubious behavior and/or thoughts occurring in that agents head. Please take the time to file a complaint with the Texas Real Estate Commission at TREC - Complaints & Consumer Information Main Page. Nothing will most likely happen to the Agent but the complaint will remain on file and maybe help the next person who has a run in with that agent. If more people would file these complaints then the less than honest people will either get honest real quick or get gone real quick!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM

6,903 posts, read 10,201,150 times
I've never attended a walkthrough when I'm the sellers agent. Why would the seller agent need to be there, or his fiance for that matter?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:05 PM

11 posts, read 11,730 times
Because they had already taken the lock box off the house and someone had to let us in.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:56 PM

5,154 posts, read 7,069,692 times
OP glad everything worked out! I did a walk through and the sellers actually took stuff. It was a problem. They tried to strip the house as much as possible. They took down every curtain rod (which was in the contract that all window treatments stay), they took down shelving leaving quarter size holes in the walls and the appliances were pulled out as if they were about to take them. Glad you stuck to your guns. My sellers were moving overseas and figured they were pulling a fast one.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM

1,617 posts, read 1,510,411 times
I remember when I was purchasing a house, there was a little dynamic re: allowing us to do our walk-through - we did and found the new refrigerator and a few other items that were supposed to have left w/the house taken -- our agent contacted the seller's agent immediately and before closing, those items were back in the house -

And now as a broker, I am very conscientous about making sure that walk-throughs are done - that, whenever possible both selling agent and listing agent are present - I think it is helpful AND important.

Glad you stuck to your guns about it - enjoy your new home.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 440 times
We have a concern. Real estate agent miss represented everythng. Said she had the $30,000 EMD check, wrote it twice on contract, On the walk thru the buyer was not present. We allowed preoccupancy thinking she had the EMD check, the buyer backed out of contract, now we have folk in our home that don't have a snow balls chance to buy the home (the home was being bought by someone else and they were buying it from them). Agent left original company and went to another, we never received new listing agreement and etc., etc., etc., She sent us contract and without being signed by us, sent our paperwork to the Title Company. This is a mess and help. Many more details, but don't want to take any more of your time away.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,099,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenigar View Post
We have a concern. Real estate agent miss represented everythng. Said she had the $30,000 EMD check, wrote it twice on contract, On the walk thru the buyer was not present. We allowed preoccupancy thinking she had the EMD check, the buyer backed out of contract, now we have folk in our home that don't have a snow balls chance to buy the home (the home was being bought by someone else and they were buying it from them). Agent left original company and went to another, we never received new listing agreement and etc., etc., etc., She sent us contract and without being signed by us, sent our paperwork to the Title Company. This is a mess and help. Many more details, but don't want to take any more of your time away.
On a quick read, sounds like you've been scammed and your identity stolen. What you really need to do it start a new topic instead of tagging on to a two year old topic that is finished. You'd likely get a lot of responses and feedback when people see your topic with your own title.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 AM

18,938 posts, read 28,315,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenigar View Post
Get off the internet, except for finding a good local attorney.

You are in Lawyer Land now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate