Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Do you think this RV parked so close to the house for sale will affect its chances of selling?
What business is it of yours?

A vehicle parked in the driveway ... the horror ...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default My Home's Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What business is it of yours?

A vehicle parked in the driveway ... the horror ...
Houses that sell for a low price affect the comparables in the neighborhood. If the house near the RV house sells $20,000 less because of the "look" of an RV in the driveway, it affects how much I can sell my house for, which I hope to do next spring.

The RV Vehicle looks really ugly with the droopy white cloth wheel covers--wouldn't be so bad without those.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:49 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Depends on the people looking at the home, one of the first thing i also do is look out the potential new front door and aks my question: Do I like what I see?, Would I like to look at this view every day?

Personally, while I am very against HOA'S, I would not want to look at huge RV parkend next to my house all the time.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I can't stand things like this thread. I live in a BAYFRONT town that banned boats. It was done over my objections but it passed anyway. Banning boats in a waterfront town that advertises its accessability to the Chesapeake.

Attempted a few years ago was banning any vehicle with a company logo on it, this in a town that is primarily still blue collar.

RVs were banned last year at the same time boats were.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
I do think the RV will turn away some buyers. I would likely be one of them; but I would look at the house in hopes the neighbors just had temporary visitors. And if I loved the house, I'd get more information regarding the history of that RV being in the driveway.

I once lived alone with my young son in a house (my DH had been transferred on his job and we lived apart for a time) and my new neighbor across the street had a 2-car swing garage. He thought it was perfectly acceptable to park his 3rd vehicle in front of my house instead of in his driveway or in front of his own house. I found this quite annoying; in my mind this guy wouldn't have done this if my husband were living at home and this magnified my sadness about our living situation. So, I would turn on the sprinkler system as soon as I noticed he parked there. Maybe childish, but it simply bothered me. He eventually found another place to park -- 2 houses west on my side of the street (that house was owned by a single gal, btw). Its just hard sometimes sharing neighborhoods and we all have different tolerance levels......

Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
I do think the RV will turn away some buyers. I would likely be one of them; but I would look at the house in hopes the neighbors just had temporary visitors. And if I loved the house, I'd get more information regarding the history of that RV being in the driveway.

I once lived alone with my young son in a house (my DH had been transferred on his job and we lived apart for a time) and my new neighbor across the street had a 2-car swing garage. He thought it was perfectly acceptable to park his 3rd vehicle in front of my house instead of in his driveway or in front of his own house. I found this quite annoying; in my mind this guy wouldn't have done this if my husband were living at home and this magnified my sadness about our living situation. So, I would turn on the sprinkler system as soon as I noticed he parked there. Maybe childish, but it simply bothered me. He eventually found another place to park -- 2 houses west on my side of the street (that house was owned by a single gal, btw). Its just hard sometimes sharing neighborhoods and we all have different tolerance levels......
I would have just parked my car in front of his house.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If you live in Hail, Hail Texas, you don't park cars outside if you have a garage!

Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Or in my own driveway. But it's a public street, isn't it? Anyone can park anywhere it's permitted. Maybe he liked the free car wash.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM

3,607 posts, read 7,914,229 times
> Do you think this RV parked so close to the house for sale will affect its chances of selling?

When selling a house EVERYTHING matters- the RV, the crack in the sidewalk, the cigarette butt on the sidewalk. The question is how much it matters to a particular buyer.

As far as I am concerned, an RV matters a heck of a lot more than the cigarette butt, although the impact would depend on how big the lots are, whether there are trees and bushes, etc.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
If you live in Hail, Hail Texas, you don't park cars outside if you have a garage!
Never thought about that.

I'm sure I could have come up with a plan B then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate