U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 AM

4,619 posts, read 3,505,392 times
The realtor may be trying to sell to another agent who will then flip it for market value.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:58 AM

576 posts, read 682,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The realtor may be trying to sell to another agent who will then flip it for market value.
That is also a good potential. It all boils down to the agent is scamming the seller!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM

5,984 posts, read 7,779,344 times
personally i cant see any agent wasting their time playing "lower my price" games on their own listngs, especially when there only getting 2% remember thats what there getting paid for their work...so your either gong to get an agent who encorages you to wait for better offers...or an agent whos simply goign to put your property on the back burner because its not worth their energy...

i agree with everyone else...
get it listed on the mls...

also, as a buyer i can tell you, when i see a house thats listed well under the comps i think...whats wrong with it?!

around and even just under the neighborhood/area comps is one thing...but "under market value" would automatically make me wonder...and in those cases youll often find yourself attracting more investors who will, typically low ball offer to try and get the best deal to flip and make the most profit on...

Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 AM

5,281 posts, read 4,593,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Ridiculous.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggs View Post
That is also a good potential. It all boils down to the agent is scamming the seller!
Yuh... it's always the agents' fault .... we could care less about the sellers. We scam everyone. Geesh !

Old 06-19-2011, 08:28 AM

2,435 posts, read 3,214,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypp View Post
Hi

No, is not on MLS becasue the agent only charge 2 percent. But it is advertise in a few local home seller weeklys and local newspaper and the Agent store front. Most agents charge 4 to 5 percent and I thought we might save a little. I would say Yes there is around 6 to 10 showing during this 4 months.

thanks for the reply
How about listing your house at market value and listing at 5-6%?

Basically, what I'm gathering is that the only way the agent is going to find a buyer is if he double ends it because no buyer's agent is going to bring any of their clients to a home that they're not going to split any commissions with.

You're really putting yourself behind the 8-ball.

It's tough to sell in this market anyway - why make it that much harder?

Go find an agent that makes 5-6%. He'll put it in the MLS, hold Open Houses, and now, since the commission split will say 2.5% or 3%, you're going to have many other agents in your area showing it to their buyers.

Better yet, you really want people to sell this house? Offer a small bonus to the buyer's agent that sells it by x date.

Sometimes I walk into homes with my client and see a million business cards on the kitchen counter. I think, Welp, this one must have a buyer's bonus. Usually, it does. Agents willl come out of the wood work trying to show those.

If you want your home sold fast and for the most money, get creative. What's that $1,500 buyer's bonus to you if it helps sell the house a month earlier and over asking price? Same with the commissions.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Just my humble opinion, but I would offer the bonus to the buyer. It is not ethical for an agent in most states to accept a bonus/incentive to induce the sale of a property.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:50 AM

158 posts, read 221,794 times
Is your house at least on Trulia? Zillow?
What are you even getting from this agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate