Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

It isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but you could also counter back at something less than 3% for the buyer's agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 8,631 times
Thanks for all of the advice. There are a lot of helpful peopel here on this forum.

I haven't been able to get ahold of our attorney who helped me sell our last house 4 years ago. He is in meetings all day. I am thinking of adding a lawyer clause to my counter offer in case I can't get him to look over the contract and counter offer before I have to submit it back to the buyers agent.
I found this:

This Contract is subject to the approval as to form and content by the seller's lawyer upon acceptance of this contract by both the seller and the buyer. If said approval is not given by the seller's lawyer on or before the following condition date and time, the seller shall notify the buyer or the buyer's lawyer in writing and may declare this contract null and void and the buyer's deposit shall be returned in full, without interest or penalty. The condition date is the ____ day of the ____ month in the year of ________ at or before ________ a.m./p.m.

Would that be reasonable? How much time should I give?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorybeme View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. There are a lot of helpful peopel here on this forum.

I haven't been able to get ahold of our attorney who helped me sell our last house 4 years ago. He is in meetings all day. I am thinking of adding a lawyer clause to my counter offer in case I can't get him to look over the contract and counter offer before I have to submit it back to the buyers agent.
I found this:

This Contract is subject to the approval as to form and content by the seller's lawyer upon acceptance of this contract by both the seller and the buyer. If said approval is not given by the seller's lawyer on or before the following condition date and time, the seller shall notify the buyer or the buyer's lawyer in writing and may declare this contract null and void and the buyer's deposit shall be returned in full, without interest or penalty. The condition date is the ____ day of the ____ month in the year of ________ at or before ________ a.m./p.m.

Would that be reasonable? How much time should I give?
24 hours max

Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,883 times
Did you accept the offer? I think this offer is rather low-ball, from people who do not have any cash. I am not sure if they even have money for downpayment. I would not jump at their offer. Closing cost from such a buyer may be actually rather high... With a buyer like this, I would have counteroffereed something like 80K, and agreed to pay the closing costs.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 AM

We did counteroffer. We countered a higher price and a set dollar amount for closing cost. They did not accept.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 AM

983 posts, read 2,542,705 times
Default Yep, that's the market we live in

Quote:
We did counteroffer. We countered a higher price and a set dollar amount for closing cost. They did not accept.
Sorry if you are upset about it and Good for you if you are OK. This market is really tough on sellers but it's great if you are a buyer. I was in the buyer shoes couple years ago and soon will be in the seller ones. Good luck with your sale, hope you get a better offer soon.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM

553 posts, read 1,026,883 times
Quote:
Well done. Wish you the best of luck too. Please do not listen to people who tell you that you should give away your house at any cost. But it sounds like you priced it in a way of little room to bargain, which may be upsetting to buyers. I would price it with a possibility of at least 5% reduction while negotiating.
If you think that in accordance with comps your house is worth 85 - so price it 85. YOu can always go down. But if you price it 79, people may think that this is actually the value of the house , if you see what I mean.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. I agree, that we should have priced it a little higher. Lesson learned for the next house. They did submit another offer and came up on the price a little. We just need to work out a few details and we will see. Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate