Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
First you want to put your house up for sale but you don't want a sign so your evil neighbor won't know and won't be able to sabotage your sale. Now you want to put up a FSBO sign even though your house is not ready to sell, to get your neighbor to leave you alone?

My advice to you:

Quit over-thinking things. Forget about your neighbor and fix whatever you need to do before you can really sell your house. You're wasting effort interacting with your pesky neighbor and you're wasting energy discussing it on the Internet.

You should understand that we are in a declining real estate market and a matter of even a few months delay selling your house could cost you thousands or tens of thousands of dollars in terms of a lower selling price.
I think this is good advice. I would also suggest giving yourself the next two weeks to get your house ready, and then list it. Call those repairmen if you need them, and get on their schedules!

And you can declutter a house in a matter of hours is you're really ready to get it done. And if you have a bigger than average house? Just grab some boxes and throw a couple in each room, and over the next week fill those boxes with anything that makes the room look dated or cluttered, or too personal, and carry them out to the garage. Voilà! Your house is ready to list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I would feel fairly confident in predicting that once you move from the neighborhood, the neighbor will no longer be a "nuisance."

Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I would feel fairly confident in predicting that once you move from the neighborhood, the neighbor will no longer be a "nuisance."
My question was about disclosure. Obviously if someone is willing to hurt someone's pets over a grudge, I do not view that neighbor to be in his right mind.

I would never in a million years attempt to hurt a defenseless animal. My animals are brought in immediately when they bark and they only bark at strange noises they are not used to (like construction).

How you can point to me as the nuisance (which is what it sounds like you are doing) without realizing that there was an effort to hurt, main or kill innocent animals says more about you than me.

You just have an axe to grind with me and I've seen it in your other posts. Save it.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
After reading some of your other posts, I, too, suspect that a buyer might not have any problems with your neighbor. However, in answer to your original question, I do think you're obligated to reveal your problems to any prospective buyers. Your calls to the police will be a matter of public record (as are all your posts on C-D about your neighbor), should someone who buys your house need evidence that you knew he was dangerous....unless, of course, you can convince the prospective buyers that you were the problem neighbor.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I've read quite a few of the posts you've written about your neighbor.

Unless he was charged with a crime and I missed that someplace, I'm thinking this really is a personality clash between the two of you.

Quit worrying about him and move along with your life.

Hire a realtor. Tell him/her about what happened with the neighbor. Let the realtor make the call on what to disclose or not.

Stay away from possible buyers. You may sabotage your sale by getting wound up over this person that you want to get away from.

You're fixating. It's understandable, since the two of you don't get along.

It happens. Not all neighbors are gonna be best buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate