Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,441 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in purchasing a Manufactured home. I would like to know what the lot rental would run me if I were to buy a home already set on a lot. I know that each park is different but just want to know the average that people have run across as paying. So, I'm also interested in knowing if a Manufactured home is real property or personal property? With that, is the lot that it's sitting on real or personal property? Thanks for any input you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 01:16 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisan86 View Post
So, I'm also interested in knowing if a Manufactured home is real property or personal property? With that, is the lot that it's sitting on real or personal property?
Land is always considered to be real property. Whether a mobile or manufactured home is considered to be real or personal property may depend upon how it is "attached" to the land; the underlying land ownership--whether it's rented or owned; and, of course, state law. There is no "one size fits all" answer.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:29 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I am toying with the idea of getting a little mobile home in the future in California just to spend a few months in each year. I am not serious enough right now to be contacting brokers, etc., but just doing some research online, it seems most parks are leased spaces and are right around the $500-$600 per month mark. Does anyone here know what does this fee typically include? I assume water/garbage, but what about cable/internet or any other utilities.

I was also curious about taxing, but I think I read that if you are on a leased space it is taxed by DMV, but if you own the lot it is real property.

As I said, not sure if I will do this, and definitely not ready to do it for a couple years, but I have always wanted to live there (central coast) if even on a very part time vacation basis. Thanks for any info you can give!
I know this is an old post and thread but I would think you would have to live in the boonies to pay only $600 a month for lot rent. I checked and near the LA area lot rents were around $1200 if I recall correctly.

As far as what they include they are all different. I know one in Florida that only includes the lot rent and the use of facilities, pool, tennis courts, etc. They don't include water/sewer, but bill you according to how much you use. It's a 55 and older so taxes are low, yes you rent the lot and pay "property tax pass thru" it's not much it's like $18 a month, I think it pays for trash collection. Cable is not included. Obviously you pay your own electric, and you have to mow your own lawn, or pay someone to do it. It's also not so cheap, it's about the going rate for a cheap one bedroom or a studio/efficiency.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:13 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
For the most part, your utilities won't be included in park rent. Neither will gardening of your little space that you rent and that's a consideration if you aren't there all the time.

I do know of one park that includes several utilities. It's on the Oregon coast. You buy the lot, so you own it. Lots are tiny. Everyone In there has tiny houses, but new and nice. HOA fees are $100 a month and that includes electricity sewer and water. When I was looking, they were installing broadband and going to include that in the fee for no increase. You paid your own natural gas bill and something else, I don't remember what.

I had a house all picked out and was ready to make an offer until I found out there is a two dog limit and I own three dogs.

I've nevery heard of any other park that included electricity in the lot rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate