Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I know this won't work for anyone who lives in an area with high humidity, but if you live in a dry climate, air drying indoors works great. It helps the environment, it keeps your clothes looking new longer, it keeps your clothes from shrinking, and it's easy!
If I had more space, I'd dry indoors. I wil hang things in my bathroom. When I was a kid, we had clotheslines in our back basement for hanging. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure we had a dryer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Not really, because your car is worth more than your junk!
but the car can get wet and the junk can't or it would be smelly junque. besides, i can lock my car.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,669,361 times
After living in a new place for two weeks, I will add what I think makes a place trashy: people leaving their dogs outside to bark all day long. These are little yappy dogs, 4 of them, 2 of whom are in a small pen for hours at a time, the other two on a dog run. They do go inside at times, but if anyone walks by I can still hear them at my house. My son takes the bus, and we have to walk past their place twice a day, and they go nuts. I have to walk past them to get the mail. If a leaf blows, they bark. I know one neighbor has spoken with them before. My daughter (who also takes a bus to school) was walking by the other day and in response to their incessant yapping, the owner came out of the house, yelled at them and threw a bucket of water on them.

Yup, trashy. (And ironically, they have a car in their yard up on blocks!!!) This is a nice neighborhood (private road) built behind their older house. I don't care about the car, or if they park on the road, but the damned dogs (or their lack of response to them) is trashy IMO.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:08 AM

675 posts, read 1,816,711 times
I don't blame you, it's the same near to my house. Whenever the owner let the dog goes out to the small back yard, the dog barks all the time with everything moving: birds, cars, passengers... and the dog seems so aggressive. I never see the owner walks the dog out or play with the dog, maybe that's why the dog is so panic, stressed and not friendly at all, poor dog.
The owner who threw a bucket of water on dogs is so rude and mean, if he doesn't know how and can't take care or ease his dogs, he shouldn't have any dogs.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,184 times
I'd rather listen to a dog barking at times, then be forced to listen to a damn chainsaw at 7 o'clock in the flipping morning! That's what a neighbor is doing in a nice neighborhood in CT! That's so rude, seeing as how the houses are only 20 FEET away from each other!
This neighbor is a total beotch.. she thinks she's got the right to have the workers who she hires, dump tools on her neighbor's lawn, park heavy trucks on the neighbor's lawn, ruining it.. and even allow the workers to run their mouths off at the neighbor, even if all they want to do, is get the people off their property and to stop making so much NOISE, so early in the morning.
That's WHAT really makes a neighborhood trashy, no matter HOW NICE the area is or the houses are.. totally INCONSIDERATE, Rude as Chit neighbors who only care about themselves!
And trust me, there's plenty of them in CT! Plus too they got all those corrupt politicians and public officials there... I think CT kinda trashy anyways, in many areas...
Having some respect for others isn't asking that much, imho! Unless you're evil....

Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM

Default I guess my point being, is what REALLY makes an area trashy is mean, hostile neighbors

who only talk to you, when they want to insult, harass or threaten you! That's really pretty trashy!
You can deal with visual trash, that isn't THAT hard to deal with but verbal abuse is another story entirely! Hateful neighbors are definitely something you DO NOT want to deal with on a regular basis.
I actually hate the ct forum, cuz you can never complain about all the rude, abusive people in certain areas of that state..and trust me, I'm not lying, there's a LOT of them in that part of the country.. if you even MENTION it though, here, they start flaming you, and belittling you on that part of the website and that's just violating your freedom of speech..
Speaking of trashy, what bugs me about the internet, is websites that claim they won't allow you to be insulted on their website, but so often they DO allow it and even ENCOURAGE it!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Default I've seen people too who never walk their dogs & the dogs bark a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
I don't blame you, it's the same near to my house. Whenever the owner let the dog goes out to the small back yard, the dog barks all the time with everything moving: birds, cars, passengers... and the dog seems so aggressive. I never see the owner walks the dog out or play with the dog, maybe that's why the dog is so panic, stressed and not friendly at all, poor dog.
The owner who threw a bucket of water on dogs is so rude and mean, if he doesn't know how and can't take care or ease his dogs, he shouldn't have any dogs.
Not that dog barking bothers me, it really doesn't.. but I'm thinking the dog is bored to death, being forced to always stay in his yard.. even if they have an electric fence, the dog never gets to see different scenery..
I think that dogs that get to go out and see different areas, are more happier than ones that have to do the same ole, same ole all the time..
you gotta realize that dogs are wanderers, that's their ancestral tradition, so to stay in one spot, seems weird to them and uncomfortable...

I know of one family whose dogs are always barking a lot but I've never seen them walking their dogs, even once.. The girl or young woman who lives with her parents is mean as hell too, and starts yelling at you, if you dont want to walk near her dogs, but her dogs seem very aggressive and dangerous to be honest...
And she needs to go walking too. She's very overweight.. it would serve her well, to start walking those dogs! Maybe they'd start being happier, friendlier dogs...

Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 PM

941 posts, read 1,804,401 times
Default Dogs are trying to tell you something

Dana..
You know I think the dogs are trying to tell you how miserable they are all locked up.. moreso, maybe they are screaming FEED ME, PLEASE.

Yes, I hear you about the CT forums.. Its not the Connecticut that it used to be..
actually, people from elsewhere, (other states) still think of it as a high brow place to live..exclusive to the upper crust. Don't they know, Bing Crosby doesn't live there any more.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 AM

675 posts, read 1,816,711 times
You can tell when you look at the dog's eyes, it shows lonely, frustrate, desperate, hatred and untrustworthy ...
One time I went to the SPCA to look for adopting a dog, I saw the same eyes there, and I almost couldn't help bursting into tears

Old 09-18-2011, 07:55 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Yeah, you're anal, lol, at least when it comes to parking cars in the driveway.
I've lived in places where cars had to be in the garage overnight. In Phoenix, where it gets well above 100 daily that's not a bad habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate