Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:29 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
I didn't say that, but actually that girl parked her car in her drive way not in the garage nor infront of her house (and at that time, I never think about where people park their car)

More detail: that nasty girl on the way back to home, and stopped by me, and then she drove to her drive way.
that girl seems really nasty. I understand people not wanting car parked in the streets/drive ways for aesthetic reasons, but this particular girls is just obnoxious, is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 08:33 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It's my property and my driveway. Why park my car in the garage when I can conveniently park it in the driveway? So yes, I think you're totally anal and should live in a uber strict HOA. Sorry.
for the same reason that I do not leave a bucket, a bunch of mops and some old furniture in my front yard although that would have been convenient and... Although, that is my front yard.

Last edited by Dressy; 08-28-2011 at 09:57 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
As long as we're discussing neighbors who wont let you park on the public street in front of their house.... I have such a crazy-lady neighbor. She has a garage and a driveway, but she parks her car in the street in front of her house solely so no one else can park there.

One day she was away from her home and my yardman parked in front of her house (because another neighbor had parked in front of my house). When she got home she threw a screaming fit at him and, when he refused to move his truck (because he had only a few more minutes of mowing left), she called the police. She's called the police on so many neighbors (one time because a neighbor's leaf blower blew a little grass onto her yard) that the cops asked my yardman to move his truck so they wouldnt have to deal with her.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Watching people rummage through the trash in your trash can to remove things to recycle when your cans are in the front of your house for garbage pick up.

seeing dirty toys strewn around the front yard.

animals tied up in front of the house.

seeing plastic resin furniture.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:00 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
As long as we're discussing neighbors who wont let you park on the public street in front of their house.... I have such a crazy-lady neighbor. She has a garage and a driveway, but she parks her car in the street in front of her house solely so no one else can park there.

One day she was away from her home and my yardman parked in front of her house (because another neighbor had parked in front of my house). When she got home she threw a screaming fit at him and, when he refused to move his truck (because he had only a few more minutes of mowing left), she called the police. She's called the police on so many neighbors (one time because a neighbor's leaf blower blew a little grass onto her yard) that the cops asked my yardman to move his truck so they wouldnt have to deal with her.
The cop should have arrested her for disturbing the peace. Now she'll only be worse.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:04 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,777,609 times
Quote:
Is that your garage? It looks like a car repair's garage
Older pic I have 2 lifts now and thinking about a 3rd to make a 6 car

Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
The cop should have arrested her for disturbing the peace. Now she'll only be worse.
She's certifiable. She's screamed at the meter reader for trespassing across her front yard. She's a 50-year-old-never-been-married-cant-hold-a-job-because-of-her-personality-so-she-collects-SSDI crazy lady.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:29 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
for the same reason that I do not leave a bucket, a bunch of mobs and some old furniture in my front yard
Man, I hate it when there are mobs in my front yard ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
seeing plastic resin furniture.
Oh, if everyone had the money to buy fancy non-plastic porch furniture.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:33 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,829 times
Seriously, some of these responses are cracking me up.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Let me tell you my story: I went look at an open house couple months ago, and there's a couple cark parked in front of that house, so I made an U-turn and parked my car on another side of the street, then a girl stopped her car next to me and said that I can't park the car there because it's her house. I didn't block the drive way, nor park in front of her house, just on the side of the house (it's on the corner), and I said I just stop for about 10-15 minutes to look at that open house, and she keep saying that's her house, I can't park...
I was pissed off and thought I don't want to buy a house with such a rude and selfish neighbor like her ... she doesn't own the street, why can't people park their car there?
Well, I think that's a bit over the top. I live on a corner lot and don't mind when people park on the side of my lot. It's when they park in the teeny spot right smack dab in front of my door and mailbox it bugs me. Still, since it happens everyday for 20 minutes M - F, I take it in stride and it's no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate