Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,755 times

Advertisements

This reminds me of when I lived in a place where the next door neighbor would put their trash in our yard and their son would park his ugly gray station wagon in front of our house and not their's. So I'd leave him nice notes asking him to please park in front of his house. His response back would be "eff you" (only the real word written out). Well, the next door neighbor decided to call the police on ME! As you can imagine, the police sided with ME! So that took care of that.

Had an interesting experience today. Hope it doesn't happen again. Another next door neighbor deal. Maybe? Found a piece of glass in my yard. Hmmm...a few feet from the pool. Pool cleaner was running fine this a.m. until it wasn't. So I pulled it out and, sure enough, the little flipper thing had a tear in it. Brought it into the store and turns out there were two puncture wounds inside. Don't know how that glass got there in my yard. Now I am hoping there isn't glass on the bottom of my pool. Paranoid? I hope so. Maybe the wind just dumped some glass in my yard.

Anyway, my pet peeves are crappy neighbors and there are plenty to go around. In fact, I'd say most of the issues seem to deal with noise, trash and parking. The saying "fences make good neighbors" is there for a reason. Otherwise, I think those people without fences have serious problems too. Luckily, to date in this neighborhood, I haven't had to deal with noise, parking or trash issues. Just other issues and only in the last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Oh, if everyone had the money to buy fancy non-plastic porch furniture.
exactly
even less people can afford to put out in the front of their house a bunch of fancy non-plastic pots with fancy non-plastic plants in them. I wish it was not an absolute must to put all this stuff in the front of our houses, so that people did not have to buy all that plastic.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:13 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
for the same reason that I do not leave a bucket, a bunch of mops and some old furniture in my front yard although that would have been convenient and... Although, that is my front yard.
Well hello cranky crankerson.

I'm SOOOOO sorry my honda in my own driveway is offensive to you.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:33 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Well hello cranky crankerson.

I'm SOOOOO sorry my honda in my own driveway is offensive to you.
Oh, it is ok. You can complement your honda with a bunch of Christmass light all over it. It is absolutely legal, just ugly ..is all.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:39 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times
I think Dressy and the OP should be neighbors, on a remote island with no other inhabitants. That would make them happy (and probably their neighbors, as well). I am not trying to sound mean at all, just realistic. When such extremely petty things get someone's knickers twisted, it must be a tough existence. The only thing i can think of to ameliorate the situation is remote living.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Might as well feed the fire on this one and join the fun! I've told this story before on CD: years ago I lived in a brand new house with my teenaged son. So, neighbor saw a single lady and a kid living there. (Actually DH was living in another state for work purposes and I downsized to that house so DH could quit job and come home.) Across the street was a house with a swing driveway and double garage. The guy parked his car in front of my house every day after work until he left out in the morning for months. That is just where he decided he'd keep his car forever when he was home. He actually pulled into his driveway and had to do a reverse turn to park on my side in order to face the proper direction. His wife parked in the garage; the other side of the garage was perfectly clean as was his driveway AND the curbside in front of his own house (that he could have just driven up to and not had to reverse direction of his car.) My son and I both found it annoying, no only because my kid had visitors (most evenings, as happens when teens drive) but really because the message we received was that he believed the visual of having a car parked in front of his house -- never understood why he didn't use the garage -- was unattractive so my house should deal with it. In the end, I set up my sprinkler system to water the front curb of our house daily between 5:30 and 6pm -- his usual time. So, the neighbor moved on and started parking in front of another neighbor's house -- also a home with a single lady. Guess he figured a man wouldn't tolerate that consistent crap for a second.

Now I live on a corner lot. The family facing the side yard has a couple of teens who drive, a 3 car garage and a circular driveway. No one in that family uses the garage. Between the 5 cars in that household and all the kids' friends, I almost always have cars parked along that side of my house. Never bothers me! I just got crazy over my prior neighbor because he had so many other choices for his car and decided his house was too good to have a vehicle in front while neighbors' houses were not as important to them as his was to him...it was a respect thing.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

his house was too good to have a vehicle in front while neighbors' houses were not as important to them as his was to him...it was a respect thing.
Yes. My neighbor across the street has some help come over a few times a week. In an ugly black truck. And she always parks by my driveway alongside my front lawn. Which, as the corner house, I figure I'm gonna get parked against, but that put her a whole 50 yards (at least) away...she had to walk a quarter length of my house, cross the street, and then climb through HIS huge driveway.

I finally just put a note on her car. It was a nice note with pleases and thank yous and detailing the fact that she was making me have to do a blind right turn into the left lane out of my own driveway.

If she works over there, she should effin' park over there. My view shouldn't be of some cheez-ass old black truck. Does he think his house is too pretty to have that ugly ass truck in his driveway? We all have huge driveways here...when people come to work at my house, they usually park in one of my driveways.

She moved...the next time, the truck was in front of his house.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I think Dressy and the OP should be neighbors, on a remote island with no other inhabitants. That would make them happy (and probably their neighbors, as well). I am not trying to sound mean at all, just realistic. When such extremely petty things get someone's knickers twisted, it must be a tough existence. The only thing i can think of to ameliorate the situation is remote living.
Why do people always pull out this old chestnut to defend jerks who are completely self-centered and can't think of the comfort and pleasure of other people?

"Oh, maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive!" The national anthem of the self-obsessed, inconsiderate lout.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:44 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times
Lol!!!!!

Seriously, thanks for the laugh this morning. With important, serious and sad things going on in the world, it's nice to have some levity once in a while.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Pretty sure that's the second verse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate