Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 12:07 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times

Advertisements

Some interesting responses. Some call him a bully and an a hole and then in the same comment say they would be grateful as a buyer to know this information. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Some interesting responses. Some call him a bully and an a hole and then in the same comment say they would be grateful as a buyer to know this information (in advance of deciding to buy a home next door to him). Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
As the alternative seems to be to learn these things only after it is too late.
hth

Old 09-23-2011, 02:35 PM

1,386 posts, read 5,344,442 times
Quote:
Some interesting responses. Some call him a bully and an a hole and then in the same comment say they would be grateful as a buyer to know this information. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I would be in both camps. He is a bully and an ahole. the sign is basically warning prospective buyers that he is a bully and an ahole.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post
I would be in both camps. He is a bully and an ahole. the sign is basically warning prospective buyers that he is a bully and an ahole.
Why is he a bully? The ahole part is probably a bit more subjective. Although I don't see that either.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:28 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,421 times
Quote:
Why is he a bully? The ahole part is probably a bit more subjective. Although I don't see that either.
Scroll down to see the view out the master bedroom window in the house up for sale:

Brighton man warns homebuyers he's not a good neighbor - The Denver Post

It just really offends me that his use of these tactics (which I consider bullying and terminal a$$holism in spades) intimidates ALL of his immediate neighbors, not just the hapless house-seller.

And Terranova claims he's perfectly within his rights because he's not hurting anybody, which is patently ridiculous when his neighbors are within auditory range of his dogs, his music, and his fireworks:

The way Terranova sees it, he likes to have a good time but he's not breaking the law. While his home is his sanctuary, it is not a monastery by any means. Terranova enjoys a house party and isn't shy about it.

"It's part of why I moved out here," he said.

This is his piece of America and he was there first.

"As far as I know, that thing right up there on that pole," he said pointing to the large American flag fluttering above his home, "gives me right to do whatever I want to do unless I hurt somebody else."

Man's sign warning of his dogs, music and parties is scaring away potential buyers | wcsh6.com

Any realtors or real estate attorneys want to weigh in on this issue?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Scroll down to see the view out the master bedroom window in the house up for sale:

Brighton man warns homebuyers he's not a good neighbor - The Denver Post

It just really offends me that his use of these tactics (which I consider bullying and terminal a$$holism in spades) intimidates ALL of his immediate neighbors, not just the hapless house-seller.

And Terranova claims he's perfectly within his rights because he's not hurting anybody, which is patently ridiculous when his neighbors are within auditory range of his dogs, his music, and his fireworks:

The way Terranova sees it, he likes to have a good time but he's not breaking the law. While his home is his sanctuary, it is not a monastery by any means. Terranova enjoys a house party and isn't shy about it.

"It's part of why I moved out here," he said.

This is his piece of America and he was there first.

"As far as I know, that thing right up there on that pole," he said pointing to the large American flag fluttering above his home, "gives me right to do whatever I want to do unless I hurt somebody else."

Man's sign warning of his dogs, music and parties is scaring away potential buyers | wcsh6.com

Any realtors or real estate attorneys want to weigh in on this issue?
Couldn't rep you enough. This guy is a bully. I feel for the sellers.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,421 times
Thanks, fw.

What I should have added to my last post that directly relates to this real estate forum is that this jerk's arrogance negatively impacts the property values of not just one house, but every house within hearing range. What if other neighbors want to sell?

My evil twin would be considering cranking up Renata Tebaldi singing "La Traviata" and a few beer-barrel polkas, aimed right at his bedroom window and set to play repeatedly starting at 3 a.m. until the cops arrived.

It doesn't matter if he was "there first" -- other people have rights to the quiet enjoyment of their own havens, too.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
He has created a real problem for the house next door, and the community, and it may take a law suit to get it settled.

In AZ, even if he took the sign down, he has identified himself as a nuisance neighbor and his existence with his attitude and actions will affect the price that a buyer is willing to pay for the home.

The existence of a nuisance neighbor and his actions would need to disclosed by the seller to any buyer in the AZ Sellers Property Disclosure Form even after the signs disappear. Any other sellers in the community would also have to make the disclosure.

The listing agent in AZ would also be required to disclose it.

His hiding behind the American flag as something that gives him the right to do anything he wants to do is not correct. There are laws and ordinances that govern what people can and cannot do within the State, County and City jurisdiction, and the laws must be obeyed.

He is affecting not only this home, but every home in the community. With his attitude it has lost the "desirable community" attribute.

The seller and the neighbors should ban together and become pro-active. Begin watching his every action and call the police anytime he's doing something that could be considered a "nuisance" under the city's nuisance law, or noise ordinance, or fireworks law. If they smell pot then call the police and let them know there is pot being smoked there at this moment. They just have to attack him with every legal means.

The worst thing that could happen is for someone like him to buy the sellers house.

The tides can turn if he angers all the neighbors and they all join in the battle to get him out of there. He just might find that this isn't the neighborhood for him.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 PM

675 posts, read 1,815,872 times
You're right Captain Bill
This is the pet peeve that makes neighborhood trashy

Old 09-23-2011, 06:56 PM

I don't see how he is being a bully or intimidating anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate