Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM

211 posts, read 402,442 times

Advertisements

The home I just bought is older, I don't want to know the history of former residents..nope, don't wanna know. I don't sense any bad mojo...I love my little house and love not knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Would not bother me. My grandfather was laid out in the dining room in 1928. We ate there every time we visited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
^^^sorry, but I have to laugh!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
The manner of the death is important.

Always pay attention to YOUR FEELINGS. YOUR intuition is never wrong.

The "right" house is the one where you have a good feeling when you are in it and on the property.

Pay attention to your gut.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
^^^sorry, but I have to laugh!
Well, it was long before I was born. Obviosly my mother and grandmother didn't mind. In a weird way, I think those old customs were comforting. My grandmother had her babies at home. Death was handled at home. So all the memories blended together, good and bad.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Well, it was long before I was born. Obviosly my mother and grandmother didn't mind. In a weird way, I think those old customs were comforting. My grandmother had her babies at home. Death was handled at home. So all the memories blended together, good and bad.

But a natural death is not the same as a violent death.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,196 times
The house I used to live in had two people die in it that I know of, a teenage boy years before I moved in and my mother, the house I live in now had a death too, none of the deaths ever bothered me.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 AM

630 posts, read 1,716,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I think it is an empathy reaction. If someone had a peaceful death at home surrounded by family. No problem for me as I think of that as positive. In this case, I would always be thinking about how sad that must have been for his friends and family. I can't have my house be a sad place as it is the place that should help me relax and unwind.

So...I don't think you are weird.

You nailed it Silver!! Although I do believe in ghosts and spirits..that is not what I felt. I hurt for her and her kids. It was not about him. It was my feelings for her..which were exaggerated by the fact that I know he died over 30 yrs ago and she never remarried. I can only imagine the grieving that house has witnessed. Add to the facts it was vacant..and it was cold and raining when we looked at it. So my imagination may be running away with me. That's def a possibility.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 AM

630 posts, read 1,716,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
I wouldn't go through with it either if it bothers you to the point where you are asking opinions on here. If you already have a "sad" feeling about the house, I would not go through with it. I am sure you will think about it every time you walk down those basement stairs and like someone else pointed out, it has negative energy you can already feel. I wouldn't do it but that's just my opinion. I am house hunting as well and sometimes I do get a negative vibe on a place and I can't explain why. Listen to your gut. As far as ghosts are concerned, I am sure chances are slim, HOWEVER, ghosts do exists. Everyone will have their opinion on this subject but just watch one episode of Ghost Hunters and you will learn how and why ghosts do exist. Good luck to you.
I didn't get a bad or negative feeling..just a lonely sad one. I just think about her rambling around in that big ole house all alone for years. I think my feelings of empathy are clouding my judgements. We like the house and think it's a great place for our kids. I don't want to miss out on it by being too emotional about what happened to her..I say her because I can relate to her. I adore my husband and am sickened by the thought of losing him like that.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 AM

1,920 posts, read 4,319,184 times
Unless the house gave you a weird feeling before you knew that someone had died there, I wouldn't worry about it. However we lived in a rental that was clearly haunted, and all kinds of weird things happened there. None were dangerous, and in a way it was kind of fun sometimes, but I don't think I would have actually bought the house given the opportunity.

I don't think the Ghost hunters will help you. I have a friend who worked at a place where the Ghost Hunters visited. they made up all these ghosts for the ghost hundeters to find and, sure enough, the Ghost Hunters found every weird apparition that that they described. There were actually no apparitions at all. It was a public place, actually a revolutionary fort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate