Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 35,374 times

Advertisements

I need to know if i havent paid my property taxes for 2010 how much percentage will i be charged i owe 1295.00 will someone come to my house or will the notice be sent in the mail .plan on paying them in 2 months or less
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magha View Post
I need to know if i havent paid my property taxes for 2010 how much percentage will i be charged i owe 1295.00 will someone come to my house or will the notice be sent in the mail .plan on paying them in 2 months or less
I doubt anyone reading this thread would be in a position to answer your question; you will need to call or go to your City Hall.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
In the Dallas, Tx appraisal district we receive a tax statement and there is a payment and date schedule that indicates the amount due if paid in certain months. After January of 2011, the taxes for 2010 are higher each month because they are more past due each month.

If you don't have your 2010 tax statement, call your property tax office and ask for this information.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,299 times
I now live in my parents home, I moved in when my mother was ill until she passed. I've been paying property taxes as scheduled however, I recently received not one not two but several statements on several years worth of back taxes that I now owe. I did not know this, I'm not even sure how it works but I was told by a relative that because I am under a certain age taxes are much higher and they are now going to collect back taxes (inlcuding interest) for those years that I have been living there. I live in Texas.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:49 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgarguemare View Post
I now live in my parents home, I moved in when my mother was ill until she passed. I've been paying property taxes as scheduled however, I recently received not one not two but several statements on several years worth of back taxes that I now owe. I did not know this, I'm not even sure how it works but I was told by a relative that because I am under a certain age taxes are much higher and they are now going to collect back taxes (inlcuding interest) for those years that I have been living there. I live in Texas.
Do you legally own the house? I am thinking your mother had an "over 65" tax exemption to which you would not be entitled to starting in the tax year following her death. If it was me I would evaluate the statements and determine if they seemed correct as far as timing of them collecting for taxes due w/o exemption following mom's death. Then, if I thought in any way the house was over appraised (valued at more for taxes than what I could sell it for) I would contact some of the tax dispute services and see if they could help...just a thought.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
They will eventually notify DMV to put a hold on your car registration renewal so you'll have to get them paid in order to get current tags on your vehicle. At least that's what happened to me.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,035 times
How can one not pay Property tax for 2yrs. & then only have to pay for 1yr.? And they get away with not paying for the 1yr.?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagirl76 View Post
Due to me not working because of my last surgery. I havent paid my personal property taxes. I know come October they will be sending me another bill for personal property taxes. Will they let me double it and pay it in nov or dec,or will they forclose on my house in Oct when its time to send the new bill out? Thanks for any information,
Jamie
You are not helping yourself by coming here to ask that question, really. No one here is qualified to answer it.

Instead, you should be contacting the tax authority and an attorney or CPA for advice. I know it might seem like a good idea to ask here, thinking perhaps a real estate agent or someone else might know but they don't know.

Related to your question is something you can do. Failing to prepare for situations such as the one you have invites disasters. At the first opportunity after finding out you are going to miss a tax payment or any other payment, engage the people on the other end. Most of the time they will help you. After the fact, there is usually less help available, especially after you miss payment dates.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
MK,

You do realize that you are responding to a post stared in August 2007 ??? The OP, only posted the question and never responded to any of the later responses.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Whether 2 years old or current, the best answer is to call the tax collector's office and ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate