Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprofessionalnyc View Post
...my attorney and I decided to take the house off the market, so that we can use that in the courts to show the judge that there was damage done.

She will pay me major $$$ because a million people might have brought my home, while it was off the market, and its all her (the buyer's) fault....
Sounds like fraud to me, and possibly perjury if you say this in court. According to your statement, the buyer did not force you to take it off the market, it was your choice. The buyer did not cause you any damage. Your lawyer may be good at divorce cases, but does not seem to have clue when it comes to real estate.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
Quote:
my attorney and I decided to take the house off the market, so that we can use that in the courts to show the judge that there was damage done.
How does willfully taking your house off the market show any damages? Did you lose any money? You had no other offers. Is this a real estate lawyer? Because his advice does not sound up to par. Also, they can check records and see exactly when you pulled the house off the market and that you did so after the buyer asked for repairs and you refused.

You suffered no damages. You could easily put your house back on the market tomorrow and sell it. If anything its the buyer who suffered damages because they already paid for inspections.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:53 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
Quote:
Calm down, I'm not a troll. I had to google what the heck a "Troll" is cuz I never heard of such a thing in my life............but any way........... my attorney and I decided to take the house off the market, so that we can use that in the courts to show the judge that there was damage done.

She will pay me major $$$ because a million people might have brought my home, while it was off the market, and its all her (the buyer's) fault.

In my divorce I won a lot from my ex and my lawyer got me the Mercedes from him as well!! LOL!!!! So I do have a thing for lawyers lol!!!!

As far as the woman that said that "I am not educated"....well honey, only smart people know how to sue others so there!!

Veronica "Barbie" McCann
Buffalo NY
Quoted so it can't be edited out at a later date. Faking damages isn't a great way to win a case, but it makes it loads more fun for anyone who gets to sit there and listen to it all go down in the courtroom..

Old 12-26-2011, 06:55 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Ya know, folks, if left to its own, this thread will rot like a lot of other nonsense.

Old road apples only smell if you kick them open.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
WOW. Maybe the lady discovered what a total POS the seller was and decided to run... then he removed all doubt here by posting that lovely story.

WOW.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:00 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Is your lawyer working on a no win no fee basis or are you paying him/her for their work in this action?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:00 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
No way this is real. No one could think this would actually work.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:36 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Calm down, I'm not a troll. I had to google what the heck a "Troll" is cuz I never heard of such a thing in my life............but any way........... my attorney and I decided to take the house off the market, so that we can use that in the courts to show the judge that there was damage done.

She will pay me major $$$ because a million people might have brought my home, while it was off the market, and its all her (the buyer's) fault.

In my divorce I won a lot from my ex and my lawyer got me the Mercedes from him as well!! LOL!!!! So I do have a thing for lawyers lol!!!!

As far as the woman that said that "I am not educated"....well honey, only smart people know how to sue others so there!!
You and your attorney decided to take the house off the market so that you could use that in court?? You need a different attorney. You may wind up w/ charges against you, because they will be able to prove when you did take the house off the market. You never want to falsify records in court. Taking your house off market, after the fact, to show the judge you suffered a loss cause your house couldn't sell. Some really illogical thinking. I would advise you to consult (another), real estate attorney. these are my opinions, not legal advice.....You need legal advice.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:49 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
If this is real, I'm confused...does the "stupid inspector guy" have anything to do with the lawsuit? Going strictly by the contract I guess I can see someone suing the buyer for not paying the earnest money, but also going strictly by the contract, the inspection clause was in there so if the buyer walks they're entitled to get the earnest money back anyway.

On a side note, I find it odd that you keep saying this was an as is sale but the inspector only found some minor issues. From what I've seen, most of the time the listing says "as is" it usually means there's something major that's wrong with the house.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:00 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Quote:
You already said your house was on the market for a year with no other offers, but you expect a judge to think "a million people" might have bought your house in the last couple of weeks? Do you read your words after you type them? How can you not read what we're all reading? This is a frivolous case with no basis, and the buyer could possibly sue you for filing a frivolous case against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate