Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,229,008 times

Advertisements

On the one hand, it seems kind of rude and sneaky and exposing business that is not someone else's business.

On the other hand, I have often said to people I work with/who work for me, "You can come to me with a problem, or you can come to me with a problem AND a proposed solution. Guess which one keeps you on my good side?"

They were trying to fix things for you to keep the deal going. Does it benefit them to keep the deal going? Yes. But it also benefits you.

I get it, though, that it left a bad taste in your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 AM

903 posts, read 3,573,194 times
Thanks everyone for your opinion-the sellers realtor has said/done other things that have not consistent-the contracts went out now so for the most part the lawyers will take over-I will for sure voice my opinion to her boss when this is all over-she works for a big name agency-

Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,644,771 times
While I will not use the word collude, anyone that does not think all who are making money in a deal are not working "closely" to make the deal happen are being naive.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:22 PM

11,822 posts, read 34,361,200 times
Never, as in not once, in 23 years, have I put my interests over that of my client.

I am offended that anyone would be so callous as to make such a terrible blanket remark.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:54 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,095,625 times
If I reported every unprofessional act I have seen by other agent it would turn into a full time job. I agree with whoever said not to let this get in the way of the house you want.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 PM

502 posts, read 893,940 times
I can understand why you are angry. I probably wouldn't put a clause in the contract with penalties for not closing on time. That could really come back to bite you. What is YOU need to change the date!

All you have to do is say no to the suggested closing date change. Or, counter the date with a cheaper price. But, if the date works for you - again, just say no. There's nothing the sellers can do about it.

I hope everything goes smoothly from now on.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,217,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Unless that house was a true gem, I would probably walk away from it. That would be enough for me to have zero trust in the other agent and certainly not want to reward that with a sale.
These are the people that can get away with murder figuratively speaking, that's the seller I want to be

"my property is so amazing, I will make random unreasonable demands and price it to the moon and if you don't want it you can walk"

Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 AM

40,935 posts, read 49,039,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
I can understand why you are angry. I probably wouldn't put a clause in the contract with penalties for not closing on time. That could really come back to bite you. What is YOU need to change the date!

All you have to do is say no to the suggested closing date change. Or, counter the date with a cheaper price. But, if the date works for you - again, just say no. There's nothing the sellers can do about it.

The OP was from May 2012. I also hope their closing goes smoother from this point forward.

If they are still trying to close, I'd give it up.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM

8,543 posts, read 13,965,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post

I would think the year plus amount of time that has passed since this thread was started has allowed the OP to cool off a bit.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,269,484 times
it's amazing how a lot of the righteous indignation threads work out and the OP is never heard from again.

Off to Cabo! see y'all in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate