U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,725,451 times

Advertisements

My real estate agent has spent the last 8 months navigating my long and troublesome short sale. We had two buyers drop out, a long difficult battle with BofA and she was awesome through the entire process.

I could use some ideas for a gift, and what value would be acceptable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 AM

7,078 posts, read 16,903,265 times
Anything received would be above and beyond. Sometimes, it's just the smallest of bouquets of flowers sent to the office so everyone sees she was appreciated.

Did you get to know her at all? Does she read on the Kindle? Maybe a gift card for a download. Does she drink coffee? Maybe $25 to Starbucks. Does she have a favorite local sports team? Maybe some inexpensive tickets to a game.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM

5,119 posts, read 7,649,943 times
IMHO, the best 'thank you' you could possibly give is to recommend her to everyone you know and to keep doing it for years to come! Trust me...that's what we all hope for!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM

6,958 posts, read 18,542,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
IMHO, the best 'thank you' you could possibly give is to recommend her to everyone you know and to keep doing it for years to come! Trust me...that's what we all hope for!
Agreed!

Send her a nice email that she can use on her website as a testimonial. If you're really brave allow her to use your email address as well.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,980,422 times
Great advice. I have had customers give me gifts and while it's nice, it makes me feel like I need to go out and give them an even bigger gift! Flower, wine, and/or a nice testimonial would be great.

And for a realtor, a gift certificate to a local car wash is always appreciated.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM

28,384 posts, read 67,971,595 times
Default Referals!!!

Honestly, any material thing you give to a good agent is meaningless compared to the value, both long term monetary, and more importantly psychically/ emotionally, or knowing that a long struggle with a good outcome was worth the whole thing!

Tell AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN how helpful / diligent / professional your agent was and that is the best reward.

Quote:

Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM

1,815 posts, read 4,269,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Honestly, any material thing you give to a good agent is meaningless compared to the value, both long term monetary, and more importantly psychically/ emotionally, or knowing that a long struggle with a good outcome was worth the whole thing!

Tell AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN how helpful / diligent / professional your agent was and that is the best reward.
I agree. Write a testimonial letter similar to what you wrote above for her website/blog or just to show potential clients. If you are brave and she is tech savvy, consider doing a video testimonial.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM

6,324 posts, read 9,036,414 times
Quote:
I agree. I'm extremely happy when I just get a little "thank you" note in the mail from my clients. However, singing my praises to everyone you know and recommending me to your friends/neighbors/family is the best gift you can give me as a real estate agent.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:47 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,725,451 times
Thanks Everyone!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 PM

621 posts, read 2,867,480 times
I sent my agent a gift basket from Gift Baskets - Best Sympathy, Holiday & Corporate Gift Basket at GiftBaskets.com. They have many to choose from with a wide price range. She went WAY above and beyond for us and I had to do something. Also, I wasn't sure what her interests were so I thought about a gift card or something like that, but had no idea where she would like one. I will always refer her and she knows that, but sometimes it's nice to do a little something extra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or