U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 AM

3,119 posts, read 5,752,859 times

Advertisements

davebarnes,

I hope you are kidding. Could lead to a whole series of legal actions by the ex if the OP did that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM

2,251 posts, read 4,163,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Love it!!!!!!

....firing a pulsating 90,000-volt shockwave through wood with an electrogun, electrocuting the.....

I went through an ugly divorce back 25 years ago in Texas. At that time thought it was the end of the world. Me living in New York, the court's scheduled $795 for my monthly child support. Evidently quit my job to stop the wage garnishment. Became self employed shirting under the radar. This lead to my tax returns being garnished, eventally getting my drivers license revoked. I paid up on the arrears - the local sheriff came to me house to arrest me, showed them I had paid my arrears. Later I was able to have my child support obligation reduce to $350 monthly so I could survive. Looking back at my dilemma, glad I paid my child support because my daughter and I are close. Plus my Ex-wife and I have made amends, we call one another once or twice a year.

My $00.02 to the OP

My experience working / reviewing divorce's concerning mortgages - the first place you need to look is your divorce decree. This will show your obligation as to being responsible for the mortgage. Putting this aside - right now the first responsibility is for your children

Being on the mortgage by yourself, compared to both being on the loan. It is easier to do a loan modification. Without knowing your details, you could have your mortgage modified to a lower payment, plus getting the missed payments structured back into the loan. Not knowing what state you are in, the time tables for foreclosure are sooner than others for the bank to foreclose.

Point - you need to get organized, not doing anything you are going to make a bad situation worst!

On the modification application - you are going to need to list your rent (new house) payment with the mortgage payment on the home. There is a good chance your single income will not be enough to show affordability. You then need to speak to your wife and get a lease agreement.

She is probably thinking about her endevor is to totally destoy your credit and future.

Explain if she does not work with you on this, she and your children are going to be living on the street.

Good Luck...

Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,646,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplimp View Post
My house is in foreclosure and my ex wife is living there rent free. What do I do? I want her out
If she's not on the Deed, you'll need to have her legally evicted. If she is on the Deed, then she's an owner and she has the right to live there (until the bank forecloses).

Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,716 times
Hi my ex wife and my 11 years old daughter are living in my home which in the divorce agreement i kept. I need to sale my house or rent it because financial problems, she is in the deed but the loan is on my name only (the house belongs to me because de divorce agreement) but she refuses to leave the house because she is not working and she is not paying me any rent money, we share custody of my daughter.
I can take care of my daughter while she gets back on track, the problem consist I need to rent the whole house or sale it and she won't leave saying the she WILL NOT SIGNED THE TRANSFER OF THE DEED ON MY NAME ONLY my question is can i evict my ex wife from my home? I live in broward florida

Old 03-02-2014, 09:18 AM

29,945 posts, read 34,553,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosita1967 View Post
Hi my ex wife and my 11 years old daughter are living in my home which in the divorce agreement i kept. I need to sale my house or rent it because financial problems, she is in the deed but the loan is on my name only (the house belongs to me because de divorce agreement) but she refuses to leave the house because she is not working and she is not paying me any rent money, we share custody of my daughter.
I can take care of my daughter while she gets back on track, the problem consist I need to rent the whole house or sale it and she won't leave saying the she WILL NOT SIGNED THE TRANSFER OF THE DEED ON MY NAME ONLY my question is can i evict my ex wife from my home? I live in broward florida
You need to go back to your attorney who handled the divorce.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 PM

478 posts, read 828,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You need to go back to your attorney who handled the divorce.
Agreed. And ask your attorney why a Quit Claim deed wasn't received as part of the divorce degree awarding you the home after the divorce was finalized.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,110 times
my divorce decree says that if she is late with the mortgage, i could force the sale of the house after the kids have been emancipated. this time has passed and she is in default for many months and many years. how do i proceed with the eviction process?

Old 01-03-2017, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 653 times
Me and my husband lives in the same home. Divorce papers filed and he was served. I purchased the home before marriage. And his not on deed or home loan. After divorce is final 6 months out. Would I have to pay him anything. Because he paid half the mortgage like half interest paid. And would I have to evict him or he just need to move out. Live in California

Old 01-04-2017, 09:12 AM

10,638 posts, read 3,322,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis duran View Post
My ex-wife stayed in the house with my two kids after a final divorce. I let her stay for the benefit of my children to have a house where stay. But the morgatge is in my name. She stop making the monthly payments damaging my credit history. Now she don't pay neither want to get out.
What can I do ?

None here can give you or anyone else advice because it depends on your divorce decree. Call your divorce lawyer!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:15 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,842,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavon p View Post
Me and my husband lives in the same home. Divorce papers filed and he was served. I purchased the home before marriage. And his not on deed or home loan. After divorce is final 6 months out. Would I have to pay him anything. Because he paid half the mortgage like half interest paid. And would I have to evict him or he just need to move out. Live in California
Ask your attorney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
None here can give you or anyone else advice because it depends on your divorce decree. Call your divorce lawyer!
The post you have quoted is from 2012, I would venture to guess the problem has been resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or