U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 PM

47 posts, read 102,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Awwww, TiJa! (the mural story) Well, you did the right thing, though -- look how activity has picked up! Are they pre-qualified for a mortgage? Sounds like they're serious! Good luck and keep us posted.
Well, that's one glitch that has my agent still showing the house to anyone who wants to see it. They are young (but very well off financially), so they did things kind of backwards. They saw my house on the MLS (dark, grainy, low quality photos) and came to see it the next day and an hour after leaving they started working on the offer! They were just "looking" or so they thought, but they didn't want to miss out on the house, hence the earnest money and they gave me bank statements, so I can clearly see the funds are there. We should have the pre-approval soon. I'm giving them until the end of the week to figure it out. Hopefully, all will end well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Awwww, TiJa! (the mural story) Well, you did the right thing, though -- look how activity has picked up! Are they pre-qualified for a mortgage? Sounds like they're serious! Good luck and keep us posted.
Well, that's one glitch that has my agent still showing the house to anyone who wants to see it. They are young (but very well off financially), so they did things kind of backwards. They saw my house on the MLS (dark, grainy, low quality photos) and came to see it the next day and an hour after leaving they started working on the offer! They were just "looking" or so they thought, but they didn't want to miss out on the house, hence the earnest money and they gave me bank statements, so I can clearly see the funds are there. We should have the pre-approval soon. I'm giving them until the end of the week to figure it out. Hopefully, all will end well...

Old 06-25-2012, 10:23 AM

Update: We are officially in escrow! If you pray, please send one up for me that this process will go smoothly. Thank you!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM

4,089 posts, read 5,502,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiJa View Post
Update: We are officially in escrow! If you pray, please send one up for me that this process will go smoothly. Thank you!
Wow, that was fast! Congrats!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:19 PM

39 posts, read 61,578 times
OP, did you try the trick of burying a statue of St Joseph, upside down in your front lawn?

www.ehow.com/how_2142653_st-joseph-statue-sell-home.html

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,978,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn256 View Post
OP, did you try the trick of burying a statue of St Joseph, upside down in your front lawn?

www.ehow.com/how_2142653_st-joseph-statue-sell-home.html

It's funny, but my sellers always do this! And so did we when we sold. Of course, the stipulation is that you put your house at a fair price so that takes care of the greatest part of selling a house.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM

709 posts, read 1,703,109 times
Hi! I am a buyer. Not in your area and not of a starter home, but a buyer nonetheless, or I will be soon (hopefully). Well, and a seller but right now I am more of a window shopping buyer. I think the 199K vs. over 200K pricing difference is huge, psychologically and also when you do realtor.com (and other) searches. I think you should put it at 199.5 or something in that vicinity. Just under 200K. We are in the process of prepping our home to list it, and I think it's going to price out at 200-220K according to comps. We had it appraised for a refi in the height of the recession three years ago, and it appraised at about 220, I think. I am seriously considering just putting it on the market at 199 and letting the chips fall from there, if that is the case. We are not remotely upside down or anywhere in the neighborhood of 199K on our mortgage balance, so that is not a concern. If I listed it at our mortgage balance, it would probably sell in about 30 minutes. Our market appears to be quite brisk at present. We never really had a bubble.

Anyway, so as a buyer, looking at houses in my future hometown, I am looking at houses using that realtor.com tool where I limit the price ceiling. Plus, the psychological thing about seeing a house that is listed under 200K vs. over really is real (not just for that price point but I think for others as well).

In terms of your house photos--I think it looks fine. The QUALITY of the photos could be better, though. They are a little listless and maybe overexposed? So you could work on that yourself, probably. I think your colors are fine. If you do retake photos, I recommend taking down all the photos on the wall first. You can put them right back up if you want. Things show differently in real estate photos vs. when people come to see the house.

What I would do is make the house, in your photos, look as close to brand new model home perfect as possible. That may mean painting over that (very cute) bloom mural. You are competing with new construction, so it will be a bonus to have a "done" house that still looks new and move-in ready. Your home is very cute and I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by Wordy; 06-29-2012 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 06-30-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Wow, that was fast! Congrats!
It took exactly 29 days for the right buyer to come along. I am told this was a pretty fast, but in my neighborhood my only competition was brand new builds and one short sale. There will be another traditional sale coming on the market next week (a neighbor told me they're putting their house up), but right now there are only the new builds and a couple of short sales. Everything is still going smoothly, thus far. I got a call from the title company the other day to confirm my original loan info. so that made me feel good to know that things are moving right along. The inspection should be coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I will be back to let you all know how that pans out. I am giving the buyers closing costs and any leftover amounts to buy down points on their loan. Therefore, if the inspection shows any flaws, I will probably not agree to fix them! I did replace the leaky kitchen faucet the other day with a pretty brand new one, I have freshly painted walls, I am having a ceiling fan serviced by an electrician (my son pulled the string to hard) and that is about all this seller is willing to do at the moment. Any flaws that this house has are minor anyway. Does that sound unreasonable on my part?

Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM

4,089 posts, read 5,502,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiJa View Post
It took exactly 29 days for the right buyer to come along. I am told this was a pretty fast, but in my neighborhood my only competition was brand new builds and one short sale. There will be another traditional sale coming on the market next week (a neighbor told me they're putting their house up), but right now there are only the new builds and a couple of short sales. Everything is still going smoothly, thus far. I got a call from the title company the other day to confirm my original loan info. so that made me feel good to know that things are moving right along. The inspection should be coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I will be back to let you all know how that pans out. I am giving the buyers closing costs and any leftover amounts to buy down points on their loan. Therefore, if the inspection shows any flaws, I will probably not agree to fix them! I did replace the leaky kitchen faucet the other day with a pretty brand new one, I have freshly painted walls, I am having a ceiling fan serviced by an electrician (my son pulled the string to hard) and that is about all this seller is willing to do at the moment. Any flaws that this house has are minor anyway. Does that sound unreasonable on my part?
Sounds good to me, and hopefully the inspection won't come up with any problems. When I sold my townhouse in PA in '07, the buyers' inspector came up with about $2K in problems (some of them ridiculously minor) and I had to take it off the price or risk the sale. From my understanding, inspectors aren't allowed to quote prices nowadays, but man, that really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:45 PM

423 posts, read 971,090 times
Even Real Estate market is subject to local considerations, we are experiencing a change in price increase nationwide lightly with a reduction of inventory. I am not licensed in your state but I think you have to work very close with your agent and ask him/her to re-evaluate the marketing strategy plan for your property that not necessarily have to involve a price reduction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or