U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 AM

41,854 posts, read 31,715,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
HOA truely Loooove the money from the fees...
Sounds like a them vs. us scenario- a common renter mentality.

Associations are the owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,805,737 times
"Associations ARE the OWNERS"

^^^Then "until" the owners themselves cannot "do things" they really really wanted to do like other HO without HOA...
True??

Like have their kids use chalk on sidewalks...

Fly a flag pole for July 4th

Have that Christmas carol.... because 1 other HOA member happens to be Muslim & don't like that.

"Have to" buy "overpriced" marked up special siding that is no longer in "common" production & have to be "special ordered" else the siding is "not approve".

"Have to" put out & shut up even if fees are hiked higher because some other HO are delinquent on fees & YOU have to make up for it...

"Have to" be quiet about some problems like HOA having to take care of common areas like crumbling steps / unsafe curbs... they will fix it when it is "approved by the boards" BUT only till then (aka their time).

"Have to" choke up fines when the HOA see fit else they foreclosed on YOU.

"Have to" take the trash cans immediately bc the board director (herself that SHM) did so & expect all the other HO "to stay home like her & have no day jobs" & watch for when the garbage man came... so the trash cans are NOT eyesores.

Have one HO who has connections w. the board be "preferred" over another person less involved...

HO cannot even argue with "lowering" fees since unlike insurances (eg. PMI for the banks) that guarantee a "payback" in case the HO cannot pay... that HOA cannot guarantee that value of that home to be maintained like so many says HOA do to their home values.
HOA still devalue "just like" that common unkept home next to the mobile park... at least should that park gets cleaned up and turned into a nature preserved park by the 2nd generation buyer of that land... now, that still unkept home have that chance to see better values. What does an HOA that retains control of its surrounding do but to "devalue" when even 1 house in its community goes down???

Have HOA rules over when you house can be sold (fix certain things at your expense else faces fines) especially "if" when owed back fees???

Have HOA complicates selling the homes especially when after paying into the fees, the HO is destitute & needs that generous help of at least waiving the fee for that certain length of time so they can "sell", get some money to pay the fees etc... (Don't believe HOA will ever do that do we "the HO" themselves who are the HOA)???? AKA where are they when YOU actually need them for help???

"HO the HOA" CANNOT ask for the HOA to remove the tree in their common area... sorry the OP does NOT have the power as even PART of the HOA to do that, NEEDS LAWSUITS!!! So yah... HOA = the "HO" homeowners themselves INDEED!!!! (beautifully painted WORDS HOA = HO... ah huh.)

"HAVE TO" (the possibilities of the "have tos" are endless) follow the HOA rules OR ELSE (yes, Nooooo special cases allowed for any reasons, especially not when you forget to pay up or to let go of that fines due to personal difficulties etc.)...... (drum rolls please)... becareful now... or they take away your house.

Worse yet... that HOA being invaded by more common renters like "me" (just think, where there is even 1 "me" how many others else are outthere???).. ooooooh!!!
Retain value indeed.

Yah... I love being that common renter.

At least I can "get out of" (when I like on my terms at my time; and not pay HOA fees) from the "truly for the common" HOA, & purchase "immediately" after getting out of it into that "rare" dream neighbourhood without HOA that I now reside in w. acres of land to play with & do anything "I" want free OF CONTROL from someone else!!!

Free of CONTROL from someone else???
How rare is that nowadays.
Hmmmm...

Last edited by hueyeats; 06-21-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

888 posts, read 1,677,518 times
Hueyeats has a thing about HOA's, search her/her other posts to see what the angle is. Not saying either party is right or wrong, but there is a bias here.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 AM

^^^ "Real Estate Marketing Consultant"
also "Sell or represent (aka like sales representative or is with the boards) most HOA homes MUCH????

I'd say to you, ITA... do sell more! & PLZ!!!
It WILL... make my day, today & especially tomorrow.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Hueyeats has a thing about HOA's, search her/her other posts to see what the angle is. Not saying either party is right or wrong, but there is a bias here.
Yes, pls search the other posts from me... then we verify via facts,
HOA = HOT TOPIC and "why" is it a hot topic???? WHY???

Just telling the truth... why "afraid" of the "biased" BUT "TRUTH"??? And there is plenty of "me" out there too.
Let me see...
Juuust GOOGLE!

better yet...

Look no further than OP's thread in this "Real Estate" or "House" forum... all over CityData.
HOA = HOT TOPIC

HOA lien paid by mortgagee
^^^But one other eg. besides this OP's thread...
WHY associations are Sooo NOT owners themselves as they wanted you to believe...
HOA is a waaaay "higher" stat than HO... even when selling HO's house.

Personal opinion should count too shouldn't it??? So long one does not seek to hide the truth?
Truths

Last edited by hueyeats; 06-21-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM

4,281 posts, read 10,286,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post

Huey is getting very tiresome concerning HOA's.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 AM

14 posts, read 45,432 times
Well thanks for everyone's responses. I will keep you updated with what ends up happening.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:02 PM

So to update everyone. I ended up buying the house. The association came out looked at the issue and removed both of the trees no questions asked. I've been spraying the new sproutings and exposed roots with a root-killer and the roots are slowly decomposing.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 PM

487 posts, read 1,178,273 times
Buy a different house.
Preferably one not in an HOA.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger37708 View Post
Buy a different house.
Preferably one not in an HOA.
Glad to see that you read my last post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or