U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 02:35 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,419,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
No, I explicity and clearly wrote that we have 7 cats inside the house and feed 2 outside. Go check if you want.

People jumping to conclusions here all over the place .... used to it now.
Good call. I'm sure it is not your writing but a thread "packed to the gills" with people who jump to conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 17,455,224 times
Quote:
No, you got it all wrong. We never listed our house, ever. We signed a contract but told them not to list it. It has never, ever been listed anywhere, period. We never had it up for sale, period.

Yes, we WERE TOLD by the realtors that the house was going to sell for $650K. It is on the contract as asking for $650 and they said we might get a tiny bit more but not much if at all. Again, WE NEVER ALLOWED THEM TO LIST IT, Never let them put it on the MLS, or SHOW IT IN ANY WAY AND WE NEVER HAD A SIGN OUT, NEVER ASKED TO HAVE A SINGLE PERSON SEE IT because we didn't plan to sell for over 3 more years, likely.

The house next door, in inferior condition from any sane person's perspective, sold for 740K the following year.

I am pretty savvy and chose a highly regarded appraiser from Service Magic. Lots of experience in my area. They said my house was probably worth $700K and now I know it would have gotten AT THE VERY LEAST $750K, no question whatsoever.
I had to go back to this one. If you signed a listing agreement and it was such a steal at $650K then I am sure the listing agent could have easily found a cash buyer, even without listing it, for full price and then if you didn't sell they would come after you for their commission. Obviously if they were sleazy realtors that under-priced your house by so much they would have pulled this on you also.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,248,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Good call. I'm sure it is not your writing but a thread "packed to the gills" with people who jump to conclusions.
Cut me some slack. I have had to navigate some pretty skeptical posts from realtors here who, in my first thread, gave me almost no credibility re: the value of our house. I wrote that it was underestimated, and I think deliberately, by our realtors and said our house was worth more, I was sure.

Then, to back up my claim, sure enough, the house next door sold for 90K more than what our realtor estimated.

I know that I have forgotten some things I had said, but the main point is still true and I have had to reply to so many questions, attacks on my judgement, etc. and would love to see you deal with that much better.

Most people would not even bother to respond to the kind of replies I got, the kind of "on the offensive" replies by realtors and I did it (mostly for the fun of it after a while - I wanted to see what would happen to my point by point replies and was fascinated with the bias and denial operating with several realtor posters here - and some non-realtor posters).

So, in reply to your post above, I will reply: I am sure it was not your lack of appreciation for my main message, nor lack of appreciation for my due diligence, that influenced your post.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I had to go back to this one. If you signed a listing agreement and it was such a steal at $650K then I am sure the listing agent could have easily found a cash buyer, even without listing it, for full price and then if you didn't sell they would come after you for their commission. Obviously if they were sleazy realtors that under-priced your house by so much they would have pulled this on you also.
There are a lot of "high class" sleazy people who are will see how stupid you are, how naive. They were that. Our local banker (I told him about it) immediately told me that they are known for this kind of approach.

Of course now you will say that the banker knew nothing or something like that. No matter what I say in favor of what I have claimed will be attacked here for its credibility.

However, in that first interview, I told them that it was highly unlikely we would sell for at least 2 years. I said this so very clearly. They had me sign in case we changed our minds. They are sleazy, but not THAT sleazy.

I wrote a (too long) narrative about the dog trainers who said I was wrong. Including the one on-line at the famous sanctuary. But I stuck to my guns and sure enough a famous, far more qualified person, an Applied Animal Behaviorist (Ph.D.), came to my house for 3 hours and told us I was right, not the trainers. As did, 4 years later, the wonderful trainer hand picked by Victoria Stillwell. She said I was doing it all right and didn't want to charge me!

You remind me of the trainers. You can come up with all kinds of arguments but you do not know the truth of the matter. Simple as that. And I cannot help you with that.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 PM

30,016 posts, read 34,671,455 times
Martha Anne....

We love you darling and you've made us all smile somewhat reading this thread. We can tell you love your animals (I'm a dog man myself) and provide a great home and much love.

You sound like you have a lovely home that you love and very happy with it. We hope that when you get ready to sell you get every $$ that it's worth and no one knows it or your neighborhood better than you.

We all wish you the best of luck when you do get ready to sell. Choose your agent wisely and don't agree to anything you don't believe and will commit in writing.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Martha Anne....

We love you darling and you've made us all smile somewhat reading this thread. We can tell you love your animals (I'm a dog man myself) and provide a great home and much love.

You sound like you have a lovely home that you love and very happy with it. We hope that when you get ready to sell you get every $$ that it's worth and no one knows it or your neighborhood better than you.

We all wish you the best of luck when you do get ready to sell. Choose your agent wisely and don't agree to anything you don't believe and will commit in writing.

Hey, Rakin,

I don't want to contribute to the sad bias against pit bulls (because so many of my rescue colleagues say that they are a deeply misunderstood "breed" and actually among the sweetest dogs one of my favorite ladies has, get this, 30 cats indoors, saved from all kinds of horrible situations, and she leaves them alone all day with a sweet pit bull dog who was rescued by a veterinarian and the dog is great with the cats), so excuse my phrase if I may, because the pit bull does not really deserve this misnomer: Here is my response to you: I hang on like a pit bull to my original claims. I guess it's the fighting Irish in me! (Now, once again, the much maligned pit bull is apparently not deserving of this comment: Did not Michael Vick's dogs get rehabilitated at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and are not most of them now model dog citizens in loving homes? It's true!)

People who do rescue love coming to our house because it is set up for the cats and the former dogs we once had. (We had to tether a foster dog, found on the highway by a neighbor, to the leg of a wing chair till she got a home because she was a maniac food guarder and bit our 8.2 doggie through the ear!!). At that time, we had not only that situation but 8 cats and one required subcutaneous fluids on a daily basis for her renal failure. This lasted for 4 years, every single day. When we went on a vacation to Boston, we spent as much on the veterinary nurse and pet sitter as we did on our Marriott hotel room that week. Our cat food bill alone right now is $300 per month, etc. It is a lot of work, but you should meet my rescue colleagues. OMG!! But we have to work hard to keep the house clean and it does require a system. The outdoor enclosure is a godsend.

As we grow older, however - my husband is approaching 70, is some years ahead of me - we simply cannot handle too many additional animals. It takes all of your time. We always adopted older and/or sicker dogs and I don't have to tell you what that means. Our last dog required multiple pills 3x a day and had to go out to urinate many times a day due to the heart failure and water pills. But he was the love of our lives and we grieve his death (March 14, 2012) a great deal, still.

We would buy a condo in Massachusetts, but we have one cat who refuses to use the litter box for urine. I hired a DVM animal behaviorist from Cornell Vet School for that one (I am always hiring people it seems LOL ) and she said that since I had done all that one does to deal with spraying and urininating outside of the box, the issue cannot likely be corrected unless I want to drug him which we would never do. So, our boy Toby spends his life happily in the outdoor enclosure, on cat shelves, benches or the grass, 12 to 16 hours a day, and his nights in a special indoor porch where he will urinate on cat beds and I wash them out every day. It's a life, but many would not want it <GGG>. I love Toby deeply - he is a giant gorgeous cat who was eating next to a baby raccoon when I caught him at 8 months. Now he is 9 years old.

Enough! Thanks for your post.

P.S. I was surprised at your post. I didn't think people "loved" me here - far from it, for the most part, but it got kind of crazy, in the Twilight Zone, didn't it, after a while? LOL!!!

Last edited by Martha Anne; 07-17-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 AM

8,489 posts, read 17,455,224 times
Quote:
There are a lot of "high class" sleazy people who are will see how stupid you are, how naive. They were that. Our local banker (I told him about it) immediately told me that they are known for this kind of approach.

Of course now you will say that the banker knew nothing or something like that. No matter what I say in favor of what I have claimed will be attacked here for its credibility.

However, in that first interview, I told them that it was highly unlikely we would sell for at least 2 years. I said this so very clearly. They had me sign in case we changed our minds. They are sleazy, but not THAT sleazy.

I wrote a (too long) narrative about the dog trainers who said I was wrong. Including the one on-line at the famous sanctuary. But I stuck to my guns and sure enough a famous, far more qualified person, an Applied Animal Behaviorist (Ph.D.), came to my house for 3 hours and told us I was right, not the trainers. As did, 4 years later, the wonderful trainer hand picked by Victoria Stillwell. She said I was doing it all right and didn't want to charge me!

You remind me of the trainers. You can come up with all kinds of arguments but you do not know the truth of the matter. Simple as that. And I cannot help you with that.
They are sleazy but not that sleazy? Is that an actual reply?

I am mostly just reposting your posts and pointing out your continued inconsistencies, I wouldn't say I am coming up with arguments except for maybe that last post. But when I did point out what a sleazy agent would have done to you, you then say they were sleazy but not that sleazy. So they were the sleazy type that do things as a joke not to make a profit? You said originally they were trying to make a quick sale, my scenario is then entirely plausible but because it would blow a hole right in your thought process that you were extremely under-priced you then state that they are not that sleazy and then deflect to some bunk about dogs.

Your problem is that you are expecting everyone to take you at your written word here when it has already been shown that you have multiple inconsistencies in your posts. Even when you then come back and state you may have forgotten some things or you get mixed up.

It comes down to you being unprepared and calling an agent when you didn't need to and you fail to see that was your fault. This was my first reply to you in what seems to be your look at me threads.

Quote:
Seems you were unprepared and uneducated on the subject and are blaming a real estate agent who's job is to sell. Part of selling is selling the company and himself to get the listing.

Because you were an lay down is no reason to blame the agent. Blame yourself for not being better prepared and signing a paper you didn't read.
Your house is just your house until it sells, if it does sell down the road I am sure you will come back and tell us it sold for an amount that will make it look as if you were right even if it sold for $100,000 less.

Fact are needed to sway many in this thread and there is no way for you to provide any.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 AM

30,016 posts, read 34,671,455 times
Quote:
P.S. I was surprised at your post. I didn't think people "loved" me here - far from it, for the most part, but it got kind of crazy, in the Twilight Zone, didn't it, after a while? LOL!!!
I think most of us here recognize you are a very unique person and have your very individual ideas. We agents deal with various types of personalities and adjust accordingly.

I think some of these guys are just eggin you on and arguing just to rile you up some.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:45 AM

14,494 posts, read 16,390,522 times
Martha: Thank you for taking care of the cats as you do. My condolences to you on the death of your beloved dog.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM

They are sleazy but not that sleazy? Is that an actual reply?>>

It most certainly is, Mike. People are not black and white, you know. Some people are not nice, others take it to a new level, etc.

<I am mostly just reposting your posts and pointing out your continued inconsistencies, I wouldn't say I am coming up with arguments except for maybe that last post. But when I did point out what a sleazy agent would have done to you, you then say they were sleazy but not that sleazy.>

Correct! I think that they were looking for a contract but I told them I would likely not sell in 2 years and they didn't push it.

< So they were the sleazy type that do things as a joke not to make a profit? >

I think you missed the whole point. IF we were to sell, you see, they had that contact in hand and we would have to sell through them. Why is that so odd?

<You said originally they were trying to make a quick sale,>

Right, because they at firsts thought that we would sell soon. It took a while for them to realize we were serious. Now I remember something I had forgotten entirely: a member of the team (who was not present that day) called and came by to ask to see the house and I forget why - I just asked my husband and he says he thinks it was because they had a "hot prospect" to buy the place, and when she came here and we talked with her, she had this change of expression when she "got it" and said:, Oh you are not ready to move yet...and she left.

I have to interject that you are amazing, remarkable in your inability to trust my version of things. You cross examine me like I am dishonest. This is really awful. It's been your entire approach since I first posted and you seem determined to prove me as an unreliable source. This is your bias and your issue, not mine. I have to say that after so many posts from you that fairly yell out: I don't trust you!

< my scenario is then entirely plausible but because it would blow a hole right in your thought process that you were extremely under-priced you then state that they are not that sleazy and then deflect to some bunk about dogs.>>

I really have to laugh now. It's too much. OMG, Mike! You have this set of ideas stuck on the brain! You won't let go!

<Your problem is that you are expecting everyone to take you at your written word here >

Yes, my goodness, I do! Isn't that awful?

<when it has already been shown that you have multiple inconsistencies in your posts.>
Even when there have not been, you are sure that there are. What can I do?

Even when you then come back and state you may have forgotten some things or you get mixed up.

<It comes down to you being unprepared and calling an agent when you didn't need to and you fail to see that was your fault. >

Oh, so now that is what you are still saying. OMG. I went over and over this allegation in the first thread but you want to still beat a dead horse, and, by the way, this has ZERO NADA NOTHING to do with the very fact that they were proven to have underpriced this house, but I can see that this won't satisfy you. And my reason for writing was not whether I was or was not "prepared" (we were, actually!) to talk with an agent, but the entire point I wrote, as I have explained ad nauseum, was to say that they asked us to set a price of $650K when the house next door, almost identical, in inferior condition, went for $740 and for some reason only heaven knows you cannot, cannot deal with this fact and the REASON I wrote.

<This was my first reply to you in what seems to be your look at me threads.>

I have no idea what that means? Above. ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate