U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 PM

6,159 posts, read 10,922,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsh0t View Post
Mods should close this thread
Nahh. It serves as a wonderful example of the lack of understanding there is in and about the real estate business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,887,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold
Why don't you take multiple pictures of your house, inside and out, and gives us your zip code - and we'll let you know what we think it's worth =)

Oh, and pictures of the neighbor's house too.
You cannot have read this thread. My house has never been up for sale, not for one day.
Actually, I did read this thread (though I wish I had my time back). What does your house not having been up for sale have to do with what I half-jokingly asked?

Last edited by snowdenscold; 07-20-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM

26,929 posts, read 58,187,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Nahh. It serves as a wonderful example of the lack of understanding there is in and about the real estate business.
Closing it doesn't mean they delete it.
It just stops the additional pain.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,419,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Closing it doesn't mean they delete it.
It just stops the additional pain.
One man's pain is another man's entertainment.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,250,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
One man's pain is another man's entertainment.

And If they close the thread how will we ever know if Martha sells her house.
Or if maybe she decides to sign another listing agreement to NOT sell her house.
But I agree, great entertainment value!

Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM

26,929 posts, read 58,187,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
And If they close the thread how will we ever know if Martha sells her house.
Or if maybe she decides to sign another listing agreement to NOT sell her house.

Soap (TV comedy) closing credits - YouTube

Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM

62 posts, read 161,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsh0t View Post
Mods should close this thread
I honestly wonder if they closed the other thread by accident and meant to get this one lol.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:49 PM

14,357 posts, read 20,639,573 times
Quote:
Hi,

You did miss something. We never put the house on the market even though we signed a contract (all that is explained in a first thread). Long story, that. The house was set for $650K in the contract. Then the house next door sold for $740K.

The house that sold for $740K is almost identical to ours but needs thousands to meet the condition of our house.

I appreciate your situation, but it is not comparable to ours. Our house would go for more than the house next door or at least certainly not less.
Since everyone else is keeping the thread going....um yes ours is comparable. I understand the house next to yours sold for more (many around us sold for more and ours had more updates, larger property etc.)

Your house is only worth what you sell it for, period. That is the point everyone is trying to tell you.

If we put our house on the market a year before, we probably would have received $200,000 more than we sold it for. In our neighborhood houses would go on the market on Friday, and a bidding war would ensue, highest offer accepted on Monday.

We would have listed our house (it was appraised THE SAME) a bit more but it would have sold for more.

So again, you house is only worth what you sell it for.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,248,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Actually, I did read this thread (though I wish I had my time back). What does your house not having been up for sale have to do with what I half-jokingly asked?
I hope it was not even half a joke and ALL a joke <gg>!

Now please tell me why I would ever want to put up photos of my house on the Net, a house I am not even selling? Do you think I am crazy? Are you the type of person who would put up photos of your home on the Net just to make a point? I hope not!
!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 AM

6,159 posts, read 10,922,261 times
Quote:
I hope it was not even half a joke and ALL a joke <gg>!

Now please tell me why I would ever want to put up photos of my house on the Net, a house I am not even selling? Do you think I am crazy? Are you the type of person who would put up photos of your home on the Net just to make a point? I hope not!
!
Once a person comes here & announces that they signed a listing agreement with no intent or desire to sell, I don't assume any other action to be precluded by their sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate