U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Salem, OR
13,762 posts, read 31,703,667 times
Reputation: 12150

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Let me get this clear: It was a two year agreement, signed 2 years this coming August, and I knew it was for 2 years when I signed it. I am very sorry that you felt it was only for 6 months. .
You don't have to feel sorry for me. I misread the date on your original post as March of this year, not 2011. Eh...it happens.

Armageddon won't happen because I misread a date. Honestly, I am stunned at the diatribe that you wrote with regard to that. Why in the world are you wasting mental energy on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 3,253,872 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Your house hasn't sold and appraisers are off many times with their figures.
Until you sell it really means nothing and even when you do sell it will be in a different time frame and markets move up and down so it would really give no indication of who was right as far as price since you don't plan to sell for 5 years.
Most in your other thread gave you a hard time because of inconsistencies from one post to the next.
I was not inconsistent and recall how annoyed I was that people said that. They just didn't get what I was saying and then when they didn't understand they called it "inconsistent".

I felt that they were threatened by my complaints about my realtors and how they were trying to sell our house fast for a low price and make a quick buck.

It amazes me that no one here has come forward and said, hey, you know, you were right, your house WAS worth more, just as you insisted it was.

After I wrote this post I spoke with a banker about them and he said they have a reputation for doing that and that he prefers other companies over them for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 3,253,872 times
Reputation: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You don't have to feel sorry for me. I misread the date on your original post as March of this year, not 2011. Eh...it happens.

Armageddon won't happen because I misread a date. Honestly, I am stunned at the diatribe that you wrote with regard to that. Why in the world are you wasting mental energy on this?

I am sorry, again, that you feel that I thought Armageddon would happen because you misread a date. I never felt that way. You think I did, but I didn't.

I just wanted to make it clear that it was indeed a 2 year agreement and I wanted to make it clear ESPECIALLY since you brought up the word "inconsistencies" in another line in your post. No one wants to have false accusations made about them and I am the same as most in that regard.

I don't like being accused of being inconsistent if I am not, that's all. It is the readers who read into what I wrote and misunderstood things, that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 10:55 PM
 
2,079 posts, read 3,253,872 times
Reputation: 1552
OK, everyone, I can see that my post here stuck a nerve with some and so I will no longer post about this topic.

I just wanted people to know that I was not off in my judgement about the value of our house. Several people said that I was unable to face the real value of our house and I resented that.

Good bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 AM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,489 posts, read 17,470,693 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I was not inconsistent and recall how annoyed I was that people said that. They just didn't get what I was saying and then when they didn't understand they called it "inconsistent".

I felt that they were threatened by my complaints about my realtors and how they were trying to sell our house fast for a low price and make a quick buck.

It amazes me that no one here has come forward and said, hey, you know, you were right, your house WAS worth more, just as you insisted it was.

After I wrote this post I spoke with a banker about them and he said they have a reputation for doing that and that he prefers other companies over them for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne
OK, here goes: The exact same house next door is going to be up for sale soon: Not as in good condition- not maintained as well as ours. Asking price is going to be $150K more than ours. I will let everyone know what they get when they sell, in less good repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne
This is an update to my original post as quoted below.

Well, it turns out that the house next door, empty for over 3 years due to water damage and the fact that the owner already has 3 other homes where she can live, is finally for sale. The house needs a lot of work and is identical to ours (built in 1920). We have always maintained or updated our house.

Guess what? The realtors for that house (different ones) are asking $115,000 more than our realtors had wanted us to ask for our house, a house in far better condition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne
I should have been more clear. The house next door was totally rehabbed inside due to having good insurance from the water damage. But the kitchen was only "remodeled" not all brand new. She has older wood cabinets from 20 years ago, admittedly very nice ones, with new granite counters, older stove, brand new ductless heating system on second floor (we have it in our entire house), new interior walls and paint, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
So first the house next door is not as well maintained or as nice as yours even though your bathrooms and kitchen hasn't been updated in 20 years, then you down grade that home to having water damage and needing lots of work and then you say you should have been more clear and that the house next door has been remodeled and was totally rehabbed.

Me thinks you have no clue about the house next door or that you have been downright misleading in your posts.
Not really worth a reply so I will just re-post what I did in your original thread. You still haven't proven you were right so you can stop saying that. Until your house sells you will not have a value to base an argument on, Let it go already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
8,870 posts, read 17,509,458 times
Reputation: 6265
Maybe I missed it, but what was the home listed for/reduced to/ how long on the market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 38,466,537 times
Reputation: 16101
If someone tells a joke and no one laughs it isn't the audience's fault............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
8,870 posts, read 17,509,458 times
Reputation: 6265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
OK, everyone, I can see that my post here stuck a nerve with some and so I will no longer post about this topic.

I just wanted people to know that I was not off in my judgement about the value of our house. Several people said that I was unable to face the real value of our house and I resented that.

Good bye.
But it didn't sell at the appraised or even the agents suggested price? I missed that, can you let me know when it was listed/how much/what price reductions happened so we can have the rest of the story? Pricing is just opinion, some agents are very good, some aren't. Some appraisers are very good at it, some are not. Some owners are realistic, some are not. I don't think there is enough information to pass judgment on anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 PM
 
5,504 posts, read 6,184,529 times
Reputation: 14075
So, your house was listed for two years, and it didn't sell....at any price.

I am glad that you feel better with a 750 estimate in hand.

You are happy. Let's take some of that extra $100,000 you have in hand and have a party. No sense carrying a grudge because some people were lower than your personal estimate, is there? A few drinks with the extra money you have in hand will go a long way toward smoothing the ruffled feathers.

Nicely done....and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Oro Valley AZ.
1,024 posts, read 2,252,732 times
Reputation: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
But it didn't sell at the appraised or even the agents suggested price? I missed that, can you let me know when it was listed/how much/what price reductions happened so we can have the rest of the story? Pricing is just opinion, some agents are very good, some aren't. Some appraisers are very good at it, some are not. Some owners are realistic, some are not. I don't think there is enough information to pass judgment on anyone here.
Brandon, you didn't miss anything. In August of 2012, the home will have been listed with the agency for two years. (Yes she signed a two year listing agreement). The home has never sold, no price changes, etc. It's a long story, here is the original post from March of 2011. I read the entire thread on Monday when I was bored!
Our agent does not seem to care about us

Hey Brandon, did you happen to catch the results of the College World Series?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top