Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,512,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Once a person comes here & announces that they signed a listing agreement with no intent or desire to sell, I don't assume any other action to be precluded by their sanity.
You already addressed that issue a long time ago...why do you have to bring it up again when I explained in painstaking detail why I signed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times

Sonny & Cher The Beat Goes On - YouTube

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
You already addressed that issue a long time ago...why do you have to bring it up again when I explained in painstaking detail why I signed.
MA... we were hoping you would let this thread die a painless death. We've heard your arguments and understand your position.

Do you just like to argue ? Come with me over to the Politics section where we can really argue over world events.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
MA... we were hoping you would let this thread die a painless death. We've heard your arguments and understand your position.

Do you just like to argue ? Come with me over to the Politics section where we can really argue over world events.

I will just do as you suggest and let it die a painless death.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,112 times
Quote:
I hope it was not even half a joke and ALL a joke <gg>!

Now please tell me why I would ever want to put up photos of my house on the Net, a house I am not even selling? Do you think I am crazy? Are you the type of person who would put up photos of your home on the Net just to make a point? I hope not!
!
You seem desperate to convince strangers on the Internet that it was really worth more than your agent said it was, so I don't think it's that big of a jump to post some pictures (obviously without a specific address) and let us be the judge. We've listened to your feelings and opinion on it for over a hundred posts, now I want some evidence! After all, there's three sides to every story.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,663,203 times
I used to deal in golf clubs. People would say well so and so told me it was worth $100.00. My reply was great, Have so and so buy it from you for $100.00. I will buy it for such and such.

Until someone actually buys something, pricing can be very, very subjective.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:

Seriously, you can't rationalize that.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Martha I came across your thread and all I have to say is Congrats! You discovered what I learned 3-4 yrs earlier........Realtors are in a profession to make money. Looking out for your interests is not a priority. I understand its a general statement but this is the conclusion I came to after dealing with 6 different buyer's agents. I ended up buying a house in 2011 for $250,000 less than its asking price in 2009. Anyone with a half a brain could see the economy was tanking, recession was heating up, buyers were drying up, etc. If you listened to the news blindly for the past 4 yrs, they have been spinning positive news only. But the realtors I dealt with were the pushiest, self interested POS I ever came across. The entire profession should be revamped.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
What am I to respond to?

I quoted your 3 posts which were loaded with inconsistencies, you have now added more posts adding to the inconsistencies.

Until you can show how the 3 posts I quoted were not loaded with inconsistencies there is nothing else to say in regards to them.

Update on the house next door: Just as I predicted, they are doing major work on it now even though it was sold for $90K more than our supposed value of $650 and our house being in better condition.

The bathrooms (except for a new basement bathroom) of the house next door are old and needed remodeling and as I write I can hear them tearing down a wall of the bathroom upstairs to modernize it and improve it. They just finished doing over a total mess of a long driveway, putting in new concret, they dug up the thin concrete of the 2 car garage and are going to put in new concrete there, and, something I didn't want to mention because I knew I would sound biased and get hell, but the previous owner was not only negligent of her house but also a notorious pack rat and she sold the house for $740K "as is" and now they have just removed, get this, a 1940's stove and an upright piano from the garage, and this after they removed a ton of bags of garbage and broken furniture.

I have, if anything, been charitable about the house next door and so if you say I am inconsistent it was that I was trying not to sound as if I was exaggerating the bad condition of that house and the way in which it was left at sale.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
I agree that pricing is tricky, and that is why sellers don't have to sign with a realtor if they don't agree with the realtor's value (similarly most realtors I know won't list a house if an owner lacks complete objectivity on the value of their home).

As for putting photos on the net, that's actually how most houses sell - it's not crazy or a huge privacy issue, and is certainly the way buyers do a preliminary assessment of value.

For the life of me I can't imagine why you've put so much energy into this - just sell your house for the price that you've gone on about it being worth and you'll prove everyone wrong. Until then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate