U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 AM

115 posts, read 283,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Yeah I kind of always assumed it was fake. Not too many people look at 3 houses and then choose 1. I mainly watch House Hunters international just to see other parts of the world.
I always wondered it too.. and some of the lines did seem scripted. Now that they have came out about it I try to see if I can tell certain hints... I still like the show.. heck, I like almost anything that has to do with HGTV or real estate.

Favorite Line: "This closet is mine, I don't know where you're going to put your clothes" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,755,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ View Post
There's a simple solution to all of this. Place a port-a-potty on your lawn for any potential buyers. And as far as test flushes go, don't most normal people replace all the toilets anyway once they move into a new home? No need to check to see if the toilet works if you're going to rip it out anyway.
I don't think normal means what you think it means.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
sort of OT, but I had thought about putting soda and water bottles in the fridge and putting a "please take one" . My wife thought it was a little weird but when its 95F out who is going to complain?
If we knew we had a few showings we would leave out snacks and drinks. Most of the time people took us up on our offer.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:13 AM

5,038 posts, read 5,586,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
Wow, this takes the cake.

Obviously, they didn't have to go until they got to your house, or else they would have prior. I don't know anyone on the planet who can control when they have to go. You are one odd duck to find the call of nature "rude and disrespectful" as if it had anything to do with you or whether they liked your house. If anyone is ridiculous and rude in this situation, it's you.

You don't know when they last ate or drank. You don't know how fast their body digests and eliminates. You don't know how long they had gone without a bathroom break. You don't know if they were feeling ill or not. You don't know if they are taking medication that impacts how often they have to go or if they have an illness. I know someone with celiac disease and they have to go very suddenly quite often.

If karma exists, I expect you will eventually find yourself needing to go immediately and not having any choice of where.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:28 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,865,732 times
I used the bathroom at a display home today, as a matter of fact, lol.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 AM

12,008 posts, read 13,386,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
I think that's nuts.

I have had to take an urgent pee once in awhile while viewing a house. I used the bathroom, flushed the toilet, washed my hands and usually just shook the water off them if the towels looked like they were display items. And that's that.

I also turn on all the water taps and flush the toilet even if I don't have to use the bathroom facilities, and I check to see if the towel racks are securely fastened to the wall, and if there is a built-in heater, I turn it on too.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:59 AM

4,164 posts, read 20,053,422 times
Rude would be using the toilets on display at Home Depot. ;-)
Using the toilet in a house I'm thinking of buying? If I had to go, I had to go.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Do some of you people have "display bathrooms". Kind of like the couch with the plastic covering no one is supposed to actually sit ion? That would explain a lot.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:00 AM

32,107 posts, read 56,181,020 times
When life gives you lemons...

Find a way to turn a quick buck!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM

16,021 posts, read 24,531,402 times
I remember having to use the bathroom at a house we saw. I was embarrassed and snuck off while DH was chatting with the agent. I can guarantee no one knew when they got back to the house. And yes, I am obsessive about going before leaving the house (or in this case, hotel) but still, when you gotta go, you gotta go, especially after having had 3 kids including a set of twins!We'd been out all day looking, it was hot and we'd all had sodas.

If the person had used the toilet and put the lid back down, you'd never know it so what difference does it make? This is really your issue, not the person who used your toilet's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate