U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 PM

8,924 posts, read 17,629,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Sometimes people view houses all day. When I was house hunting there were days that I was out for 10 hours and honestly when you have to go, you have to go. I do not understand what the big deal is as long as they do not leave a mess.
My sentiments exactly. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM

115 posts, read 283,139 times
Wowzers! I've never heard of such disgust. Even if you only let your "guests" use the bathroom you don't know where they have been or what they have contracted. They could have a hell of a nightlife or a little extra fun at the office. Also, they probably did not bare bottom your toilet seats. They could have squatted. Another point, you don't even know for sure if they used the toilet.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:24 AM

13,794 posts, read 31,943,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ View Post
There's a simple solution to all of this. Place a port-a-potty on your lawn for any potential buyers. And as far as test flushes go, don't most normal people replace all the toilets anyway once they move into a new home? No need to check to see if the toilet works if you're going to rip it out anyway.
No most people don't replace the toilets. Some people will go and get a new seat though. Most people just clean and disinfect them.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 AM

32,106 posts, read 56,181,020 times
I might change the toilets. Refrigerator. Shower enclosure. Definitely the bedding....

The Realtor - YouTube

Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 PM

11,303 posts, read 9,349,751 times
I saw this couple on house hunters that took a glass out of the cabinets, got a glass of water and put the dirty glass in the sink. They did this at EVERY house they toured because he wanted to test the water or something. That would definitely annoy me. As for the toilet, I'll avoid at all costs unless it is absolutely necessary and then I'll make sure I leave it in the exact same shape I found it.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM

609 posts, read 1,846,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
As for the toilet, I'll avoid at all costs unless it is absolutely necessary and then I'll make sure I leave it in the exact same shape I found it.
Sometimes it may not be possible to leave the toilet in exactly the same shape....if you get the drift......

Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 PM

115 posts, read 283,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I saw this couple on house hunters that took a glass out of the cabinets, got a glass of water and put the dirty glass in the sink. They did this at EVERY house they toured because he wanted to test the water or something. That would definitely annoy me. As for the toilet, I'll avoid at all costs unless it is absolutely necessary and then I'll make sure I leave it in the exact same shape I found it.

House hunters is fake. It was ousted by someone who was on the show. The lady said that they didn't even tape the show until after she signed and got the keys for her house. The other two homes they checked out wasn't even on the market... they were her friends' houses. House Hunters released a statement two weeks ago admitting to the show being a scam but saying it still shows what the home buyer goes through.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:36 PM

11,303 posts, read 9,349,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevionisDream View Post
House hunters is fake. It was ousted by someone who was on the show. The lady said that they didn't even tape the show until after she signed and got the keys for her house. The other two homes they checked out wasn't even on the market... they were her friends' houses. House Hunters released a statement two weeks ago admitting to the show being a scam but saying it still shows what the home buyer goes through.
Yeah I kind of always assumed it was fake. Not too many people look at 3 houses and then choose 1. I mainly watch House Hunters international just to see other parts of the world.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM

15,709 posts, read 29,618,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
My thoughts are this. If someone using your bathroom means you are going to sell the house, wouldn't you be happy to let them do it?

If I have to pee or poo and I am in a house that is for sale, if I have to LEAVE to go to the bathroom, chances are that I am not going to be bothered to go back to that house unless it was "to die for". Having them stick around and give the agent give them an opportunity to show them your house would definitely outweigh their going to your potty.

Now, having said that, I would absolutely make certain that when I left there was NO SIGN that I had used the bathroom, even if that means digging around for the toilet bowl cleaner thingy to remove any "evidence". Since you knew they used the toilet, apparently they did not bother covering their tracks (unless you found out from their REALTOR).

I actually heard about a family who was snacking out of the fridge in one of the houses they were viewing.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 PM

5,439 posts, read 14,473,230 times
sort of OT, but I had thought about putting soda and water bottles in the fridge and putting a "please take one" . My wife thought it was a little weird but when its 95F out who is going to complain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate