Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 07:22 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

I'll set up a porta potty in the yard so people won't use my bathrooms. Maybe that'll help sell the house??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 12:15 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,175 times
"test flush"???? NO. WHY? I expect this sort of thing to be evaluated during the inspection. No I DO NOT have the right to go into someone's house and "test flush" the toilet, or anything else.

LOOK, DON'T TOUCH.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:23 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
"test flush"???? NO. WHY? I expect this sort of thing to be evaluated during the inspection. No I DO NOT have the right to go into someone's house and "test flush" the toilet, or anything else.

LOOK, DON'T TOUCH.
Well, with an attitude like that, you can expect to wait a while the next time you need to sell a house.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:29 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:

LOOK, DON'T TOUCH.
When you buy a car do you just walk by it on the lot, or do you take it for a test drive?

You seem unusually clueless about selling, well, anything. Have you ever?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:36 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:

LOOK, DON'T TOUCH.

People touch all kinds of things in houses... they open cabinets, look in pantries and closets... I would plan on that if you are selling.

And the bathroom too. It happens.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:03 PM

857 posts, read 843,326 times
How are people viewing a house and using the toilet different from friends you have over doing the same? A 'foreign butt' is just that. One just may come with a $ offer...

Old 01-30-2019, 02:05 PM

857 posts, read 843,326 times
Quote:

LOOK, DON'T TOUCH.
How about turning on faucets or shower to see the water pressure? Valid point there and not something i d leave until inspection as a buyer.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:14 PM

946 posts, read 774,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
When you view a house, do you think it's okay to use the bathroom? I still can not believe someone used my bathroom on a showing I found that to be very rude and disrespectful. It you don't like the house then simply don't buy it. Don't show your displeasure by pissing on it I ask my agent to tell showing requests that the bathrooms are not to be used. It's ridiculous people actually need to be told that.
Would you rather them go outside?

Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
How about turning on faucets or shower to see the water pressure? Valid point there and not something i d leave until inspection as a buyer.

And tasting the water. We've had lots of clients where that's important.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:59 PM

577 posts, read 662,642 times
I confess, I read all 259 posts, spanning almost 7 years!

I read it all because I got several good laughs out of the posts. I laughed so hard, I had to run to the bathroom. Oh! how rude, I couldn't control nature. I told my bladder that I didn't drink that much, and it's not time yet, but it just wouldn't listen!

I find it amazing that being unable to control and/or predict nature is a breach of common curtesy. But, it's perfectly acceptable to turn away someone in need to spare the porcelain god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate