U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM

1,609 posts, read 2,946,498 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have to agree with ringwise. It may have been an honest mistake. But really? You have the option of staying in an extended stay hotel if you need too for a few hundred bucks?. And frankly if your asnwer is "that's too expensive" then you can't afford to buy a new house. And why could you not stay with your family if you had to? You are stressing about such little things. It is not healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 PM

14,695 posts, read 18,753,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I am so hacked by this, this house is the closest to my grandkids, right price range, pictures look good. But no access! Arrgh!!! So, I am making an offer on another house as I am on a deadline from out of town.

SouthernBelle, your posts are usually so reasonable. I'm hoping you wrote the above post so quickly that you didnt take time to consider your choice of words. It's understandable to be disappointed but not to be hacked over a situation that you can control.

As others have pointed out, you can re-arrange your schedule to stay longer -- or you can have relatives inspect the house for you and then come back yourself at a later date.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
Considering I have 2 large, rambunctious dogs and 3 cats that my d-i-l is allergic to and I have to be out of my current house on the closing date, I really feel I have no choice. I don't think too many motels would be eager to have me stay a month or so as my dogs bark if a butterfly passes the window.

As for negotiations, we got it done in one offer and counter-offer cycle, so I would guess that isn't too bad.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM

198 posts, read 368,426 times
I am only making suggestions so please don't take it the wrong way....You could board your pets for a short time while you stay in a nearby hotel... just my 2 cents. I would hate to have you rush into the other house just because you have to move. Good Luck!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM

1,609 posts, read 2,946,498 times
After I read my own post I realized there must be more to the story. I'm glad you found a home you like. I understand about pets. Don't let the small things stress you out though. Life is too short.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,492,251 times
Come on folks, she was just venting in a place she felt comfotable doing so. I get it Southern. You found what seemed to be the perfect home, and due to a mistake, you couldnt get it. I'd be venting also. Good luck and hope all goes smooth from here on out. Buying a home is stressful, doing it from out of state is insane! Been there done that.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Thank you!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM

8,175 posts, read 14,249,488 times
I'm sorry it didn't work out. I definitely understand about not wanting to board your dogs or take them to an extended stay. It was better that you found a slightly less acceptable house and I'm glad you had that option and it worked out.

Good luck with the inspection phase and with the move.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM

The one we couldn't get into was within biking distance of my grandkids. The one I'm buying is across a busy 4-lane road, so no biking over for the kids. Maybe when one gets a driver's license in 8 yrs, she can drive over.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 PM

4,083 posts, read 5,496,975 times
I understand your frustration. Years ago, I was in a relocation situation and had to buy a house quickly. I had one company-paid house-hunting trip (cross-country) so it was a whirlwind of home viewings. I also was only getting paid-for movers once, so I didn't want to rent first and then have to pay to move again. So I was on a mission. I could not have afforded to waste time with a locked storm-door and an unreachable agent or owner. As it was, I made a "best and final" offer on a house (I was leaving to go back home and didn't have time for long drawn-out negotations). The owner countered $10K higher (what didn't they understand about "best and final"?), so I made the same offer on a house in the same development and that owner accepted. Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or