U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,509,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageMom View Post
THe only information that was taken other than verbal conversation was the disclosure..
other than that our Realtor had walked through to look at the house on his sign us up visit. He thought if we were to write down facts on an information sheet
for us to place on the table (make copies) it would be helpful, and suggested how people enjoy looking through a photo album with the before and after photo's..
seasonal photo's etc...He gave us this job.. we were not able to secure the time. (We are grandparents caring for a small child 7/24 and are preoccupied with this responsibility).
Our Realtor said we show the house so well, that we ought to be there to explain all its nuances to
the "lookers". It may have been an act of kindness on his part hoping this would expedite a sale ...
we had shown the house to a few different appointments and evidently the other Realtors that came by with their people had good
things to say?? I don't know. I never requested we show the home instead of him.
He is a nice man, and we have nothing against him at all. Perhaps he gave us too much involvement.
That was not a request of ours, it seemed to evolve.

There were no handouts on the table.. no party favors, and it would have been a good thing to have out
on the table for someone to take home and pin up on the fridge to fall in love with or reject.
Courage, I have never heard of this type of thing -- seems like total abdication of responsibility on the part of your agent. Maybe it varies from state to state, and I don't know what state you live in, but I've sold places in PA, NJ and CA, and NEVER had an agent ask ME to make the flyers or be there to explain the home's "nuances". It's the agent's responsibility to do the marketing materials, whether it's a flyer or a brochure or a video. But there should definitely be SOMETHING in the house as a take-away. And most agents don't even want the seller in the house when the buyers view the property -- it makes things very awkward. Really, the way you describe the situation, it doesn't sound like an act of "kindness", it sounds like laziness on his part. That's what you're paying a commission for! No wonder it was stressful. If you decide to re-list, I wouldn't do it with that guy.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 PM

943 posts, read 1,501,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Courage, I have never heard of this type of thing -- seems like total abdication of responsibility on the part of your agent. Maybe it varies from state to state, and I don't know what state you live in, but I've sold places in PA, NJ and CA, and NEVER had an agent ask ME to make the flyers or be there to explain the home's "nuances". It's the agent's responsibility to do the marketing materials, whether it's a flyer or a brochure or a video. But there should definitely be SOMETHING in the house as a take-away. And most agents don't even want the seller in the house when the buyers view the property -- it makes things very awkward. Really, the way you describe the situation, it doesn't sound like an act of "kindness", it sounds like laziness on his part. That's what you're paying a commission for! No wonder it was stressful. If you decide to re-list, I wouldn't do it with that guy.
Amen!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 AM

13,928 posts, read 13,582,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
The MLS I use does not ask for information about the age of the furnace, roof, water heater, etc. There is no space to indicate that the kitchen was gutted 3 years ago or anything else of that nature except for in the remarks, which are very limited on the number of characters.
MLS requirements must be different in different states (I've read realtor comments of up to three paragraphs here). The one here has room in the comment section at the bottom of the listing for info such as "kitchen remodeled in 2009." A fact sheet with a picture--or many pictures--should be available in the house for any potential buyer walking through, and certainly during an open house. If the potential buyers want to know the age of the furnace, they can ask their realtor to contact the seller's realtor. Our realtor had all that information at her fingertips. Also, every realtor who called (and usually left a message since we were at work all day) to bring a client through had read on the MLS that there was a lockbox, a pet in the backyard, etc, etc, info that was apparently available to realtors only.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,166,828 times
To the OP, we went through so much to sell our last home. One year and 2 realtors, but it was like that mythological, forget his name, the guy who pushes the rock up the hill only to have it fall down and has to push it up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or