U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 PM

340 posts, read 1,276,599 times

Advertisements

Due to close escrow on the 23rd. Buyer has been slow during the process but progress being made. Just got call for inspection on Thursday and appraisal on Friday. Obviously contract needs to be amended to new closing date. Is this a 2 party agreement? Also in what order should I respond if 1) repairs need to be made or a concession towards them 2) appraisal comes in lets say 5k low and we need to renegotiate. How long would be a safe extension for closing? Is their a benefit for anyone in this scenario?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 PM

26,875 posts, read 57,924,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
Due to close escrow on the 23rd. Buyer has been slow during the process but progress being made. Just got call for inspection on Thursday and appraisal on Friday. Obviously contract needs to be amended to new closing date. Is this a 2 party agreement? Also in what order should I respond if 1) repairs need to be made or a concession towards them 2) appraisal comes in lets say 5k low and we need to renegotiate. How long would be a safe extension for closing? Is their a benefit for anyone in this scenario?
why isn't your agent answering, resolving or at least involved in these questions and issues?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM

4,281 posts, read 10,294,366 times
Quote:

Is escrow close the same as final closing? If not, what is escrow closing? If yes, my experience says you are at least 30-45 days from closing.

Repairs needed to be made and/or concessions made will be between you and the buyer only but inspection on the 20th, get the report, both review, and work it out before the 23rd is not realistic in my mind.

Appraisal brings others into the picture that neither of you can control. Thus the question is what are peoples experiences in the time between appraisal and escrow close, assuming the appraisal goes well?

Maybe not hopeful, but at least I hope this helps.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,320,873 times
Did you not have a time frame for getting an inspection?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 PM

No time frame set in contract on getting inspection. Escrow was set for 30 days. Third party financing addendum deadline set at 15 days from signing. Figured buyer would get the lender in gear about the inspection and appraisal since they wanted quick closing due to the fact that their are 2 back up offers waiting. This is FSBO and I have an attorney.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM

4,511 posts, read 11,561,956 times
Your attorney didn't recommend an inspection deadline? And lenders don't manage inspections - that's up to the buyer.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,320,873 times
Quote:
No time frame set in contract on getting inspection. Escrow was set for 30 days. Third party financing addendum deadline set at 15 days from signing. Figured buyer would get the lender in gear about the inspection and appraisal since they wanted quick closing due to the fact that their are 2 back up offers waiting. This is FSBO and I have an attorney.
Personally if I had two back-up offers I wouldn't be extending any deadlines. And I certainly would have set specific dates for getting stuff done.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM

I agree and I'm concidering that also, but 1-2 weeks might be better than starting over (4+ weeks) plus leverage on my side for concessions I think with back up offers. Attorney says remember your goal and don't reject based on having the back up offers. Actually extending it 2 weeks would help me with transition move. Just wondering what should be negotiated first for sellers advantage, inspection, appraisal, or wait for closing date renegotiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate