U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,267,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
I can understand the sink backing do to large a volume of water trying to go down a drain pipe (as in will not fit and has to go somewhere), but I do not understand the P-trap cracking.

Are there units below yours and are they having the same issues?
I could be wrong but I think it may have cracked because we have had dishes in the sink blocking the drain. If there was enough dishes there and a lot of water pressure, what is that water going to do? That's just a guess, but these contractors are clueless too.

The thing about our unit is the unit below us (basement unit) has a kitchen that is in a different location so we have an elbow pipe at the bottom of ours. Anytime the water drain from the units above, the water is more likely to back up on my level than the lower level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM

26,963 posts, read 58,377,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I could be wrong but...
but what about all the other washers and dryers installed?
Surely you don't think this is the only one on the property... do you?

The last time we had to replace the equipment at my folks condo the appliance store had the solution...
"we put them in a TV or refrigerator box and tote 'em right on up the elevator...
no one see's a washer so no one can complain"

So one more time... what happens there when laundry equipment is discovered?
What is the process or protocol according to the bylaws and such?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,234,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

The last time we had to replace the equipment at my folks condo the appliance store had the solution...
"we put them in a TV or refrigerator box and tote 'em right on up the elevator...

This appears a simple two high stack. If it is the present of soapy water with the right soap would be pretty good proof. I would also agree that it would be easy to blow open or crack a p trap if you had a stopper and water in the sink. They are not made to take any pressure.

The process is that you use the Common Interest Community law in whatever jurisdiction. You could take it to court I suppose but that is likely a few thousand minimum.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,267,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

That is the part that the property manager won't explain. I've asked that question, but he dismissed the idea of her having a washer (even though he doesn't know, he just made an assumption). The rules and regulations simply state they are not allowed. I've contacted my county government. They do not have a governing body over condos but they do have a 'mediation' agency who get other agencies involved when need be. They told me to keep them posted on what happens. Not sure what they will do if anything.

As for other washers and dryers, they aren't allowed. These are garden style, so there is only two units above me. If there is washer fluid then it's either one or the other or both. Even if there is more it doesn't matter, the point I'm making is it's damaging my unit and costing me money. Should I ignore that simply because there maybe other who are breaking the rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or