U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 PM

11,614 posts, read 19,720,716 times

Advertisements

I have been following your thread carefully. I am wishing for a good outcome for you as it appears that you really got screwed in this transaction. ENJOY YOUR VACATION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pajama mama~ View Post
We posted at the same time. LOL..I would have to agree. Although Manderly is holding out.
I still think you should have read the report when you got it. But it certainly wasn't your fault this happened. Seems like blatant fraud and dereliction of duty. Hopefully should be a slam dunk for you.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:33 PM

7,598 posts, read 17,629,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
OT, but go to the Political Forum if you want action. You can get 12 pages on one thread in less than 1 day.
I was once engrossed and personally active in politics and am currently disgusted and disengaged. The OP's plight could be any one of us....it's a situation that everyone is hoping the little guy wins one.

Wow, if I am looking at this right, we're up to 22 pages.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:59 AM

18,290 posts, read 18,545,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I was once engrossed and personally active in politics and am currently disgusted and disengaged. The OP's plight could be any one of us....it's a situation that everyone is hoping the little guy wins one.

Wow, if I am looking at this right, we're up to 22 pages.
And I'm showing 5.As already mentioned, it depends on your settings.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 AM

14,371 posts, read 16,288,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And I'm showing 5.As already mentioned, it depends on your settings.
I also show 5 pages. Much kudos to old_cold for mentioning that we can change this setting. Mine was on default and I changed to the max number of threads per page.

Click on your name in upper right, then go your settings and there is a page with a bunch of settings. Find the one that mentions number of threads per page. It might call it view or something like that.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 AM

629 posts, read 1,421,932 times
Default Finally!

We have retained an attorney! It is on! He is mailing our closing attorney a letter to notify her ins carrier of the suit. Considering the evidence he expects them to settle but is preparing as if we will go to court. It's going to be a long process..I will update occasionally. On a side note..our realty agency has "lost" our file. Imagine that....

Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 AM

1,724 posts, read 2,271,221 times
Quote:
We have retained an attorney! It is on! He is mailing our closing attorney a letter to notify her ins carrier of the suit. Considering the evidence he expects them to settle but is preparing as if we will go to court. It's going to be a long process..I will update occasionally. On a side note..our realty agency has "lost" our file. Imagine that....
Losing your file is not really detrimental to your case at all....Your attorney is going to go after them for intentional fraud most likely...losing your case allows him to get up there and berate the realtors office, and then accuse them of disposing of evidence that is detrimental to their case...

Anything the realtors office does is going to look completely dishonest and no juror in the world is going to believe a word that comes out of their mouths. Your attorney can essentially accuse them of anything he wants, and all they can do to prove they were not intentional fraudulent or grossly negligent is say "nuh-uh"

Without a file they cant offer any credible evidence to show they did anything at all.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 AM

13,743 posts, read 31,570,576 times
Quote:
Hmmm...I know here we have to keep our files for 6 years. It might be time for a complaint to the real estate commission. Maybe your attorney needs to remind them about file keeping laws in your state.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 AM

6,359 posts, read 7,327,369 times
Quote:
Good for you. Just curious--was it ever determined whether the condemnation for the road was for an easement or for the fee title?

Old 08-03-2012, 09:04 AM

7,697 posts, read 10,070,309 times
Quote:
On a side note..our realty agency has "lost" our file. Imagine that....
I would guess that's the dumbest thing they've done so far. Nothing like adding willfulness to what was a simple errors and omissions claim on their insurance. The insurance company might even be able to deny coverage. It will be interesting to see what happens in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate