U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-18-2012, 09:03 AM
 
397 posts, read 491,899 times
Reputation: 210

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
You never answered my question. How did your deal work out?
See my post#420 for a response to your question (this is the 2nd time I have referred you to this).

You have referred to me as a "troll" several times but have refused to answer my question...what is a troll (In the context of your post)?

If you are going call people derogatory names, you should be able to back this up, or at least provide an explanation why you dont want (or cant) answer the question.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. I happen to think that it is an interesting topic. It highlights the start contrast in perspectives that "agents", lawyers and the public bring to the table. a

If I am a "troll" b/c I state opinions that conflict with your business model, then I guess I am a troll. Interested to hear your definition...

 
Old 08-18-2012, 09:46 AM
 
3,404 posts, read 4,142,973 times
Reputation: 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE Skeptic View Post
See my post#420 for a response to your question (this is the 2nd time I have referred you to this).

You have referred to me as a "troll" several times but have refused to answer my question...what is a troll (In the context of your post)?

If you are going call people derogatory names, you should be able to back this up, or at least provide an explanation why you dont want (or cant) answer the question.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. I happen to think that it is an interesting topic. It highlights the start contrast in perspectives that "agents", lawyers and the public bring to the table. a

If I am a "troll" b/c I state opinions that conflict with your business model, then I guess I am a troll. Interested to hear your definition...
A troll is someone who starts a thread for no other reason then to bait, provoke and upset people into a pointless argument and often the story they are telling in the OP never really happened.
 
Old 08-18-2012, 10:22 AM
 
397 posts, read 491,899 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
A troll is someone who starts a thread for no other reason then to bait, provoke and upset people into a pointless argument and often the story they are telling in the OP never really happened.
Thanks for clarifying that. Apparently Brandon was either unaware of the terminology he was mudslinging with or for some reason was unwilling to share this definition.

Prior to my OP, I had never posted on this thread. My OP was a real question to a real life RE situation. If asking a controversial question makes one a "troll" then I am guilty as charged. But, otherwise I dont think I meet the criteria of a "troll". What do you call people who respond to a "troll's" OP and "bait, provoke and upset people"?

This topic was not a pointless argument. Discussions that stir peoples emotions like this thread does, are what makes these online discussions so interesting.
 
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Needham, MA
6,325 posts, read 9,043,748 times
Reputation: 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE Skeptic View Post
See my post#420 for a response to your question (this is the 2nd time I have referred you to this).

You have referred to me as a "troll" several times but have refused to answer my question...what is a troll (In the context of your post)?

If you are going call people derogatory names, you should be able to back this up, or at least provide an explanation why you dont want (or cant) answer the question.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. I happen to think that it is an interesting topic. It highlights the start contrast in perspectives that "agents", lawyers and the public bring to the table. a

If I am a "troll" b/c I state opinions that conflict with your business model, then I guess I am a troll. Interested to hear your definition...
Your reasoning in post #420 for not updating us on your story is flimsy to say the least. You've posted little to no identifying information under a screen name that has no relation to your real name. I'm going to go ahead and guess that your personal information is not on display in your profile either. So no one is going to be able to link you to any specific real estate transaction among the 1,000's that are currently going on in the country. So, where's the harm in telling us what happened?
 
Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 4,142,973 times
Reputation: 2397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Your reasoning in post #420 for not updating us on your story is flimsy to say the least. You've posted little to no identifying information under a screen name that has no relation to your real name. I'm going to go ahead and guess that your personal information is not on display in your profile either. So no one is going to be able to link you to any specific real estate transaction among the 1,000's that are currently going on in the country. So, where's the harm in telling us what happened?
he admitted in post #524 that it never happened and he made it up.
 
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Needham, MA
6,325 posts, read 9,043,748 times
Reputation: 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
he admitted in post #524 that it never happened and he made it up.
His post hints at that but doesn't out right say it. If he in fact made up this story then he's clearly a troll as much as he'd like to say he's not.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 AM
 
1,726 posts, read 2,276,730 times
Reputation: 3424
52 pages of Back/Forth with ole Bill and when proven wrong once and for all using a suit from his home state he disappears...I guess one loses interest in calling someone dishonest and wrong when presented with facts backed up with citations.

This was a good thread in the end...lots of good information and lots for both agents/brokers/individuals to think about. I think we saw some of the worst habits of all three groups show their faces here.

Brokers/Agents should learn from this thread...I know I sure did. It prompted me to become an agent...which should be complete in about 2 more weeks. With the course work already complete, now I just need to schedule the exam....Ive already lined up a Broker...I dont intend to change my practice of not charging those who come to me from my company, but at least now I can, without angering agents/brokers ensure that the buyers are able to receive back in closing concessions the buyers 3% without all the confrontation.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Gilbert - Val Vista Lakes
6,069 posts, read 12,682,557 times
Reputation: 3809
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
52 pages of Back/Forth with ole Bill and when proven wrong once and for all using a suit from his home state he disappears...I guess one loses interest in calling someone dishonest and wrong when presented with facts backed up with citations.

This was a good thread in the end...lots of good information and lots for both agents/brokers/individuals to think about. I think we saw some of the worst habits of all three groups show their faces here.

Brokers/Agents should learn from this thread...I know I sure did. It prompted me to become an agent...which should be complete in about 2 more weeks. With the course work already complete, now I just need to schedule the exam....Ive already lined up a Broker...I dont intend to change my practice of not charging those who come to me from my company, but at least now I can, without angering agents/brokers ensure that the buyers are able to receive back in closing concessions the buyers 3% without all the confrontation.
Old Bill did not disappear. One agent stated that the subject was getting boring, so out of respect for my fellow Realtors I dropped the subject.

The restatement was rewritten in 1981, and then in 2010. The language in my 2010 volume is the same in the subject we discussed as it was in 1986. If a case in 1983 were strong enough to change the law, then the language in the 2010 restatement would certainly have been revised to reflect the law.

You produced one case out of thousands that have occurred during the past 20 years, and as I stated, there is no way that one side is going to pull cases that benefit the opposition. If I were to go to the law library I would be able to produce cases that coincide with the 2010 language. And if I were to go to the library, I would be lying if I said I would look for a case to help you prove your point.

But as I said, out of respect for my fellow Realtors, I will not make any more posts on the law subject.
 
Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Needham, MA
6,325 posts, read 9,043,748 times
Reputation: 5324
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Brokers/Agents should learn from this thread...I know I sure did. It prompted me to become an agent...which should be complete in about 2 more weeks. With the course work already complete, now I just need to schedule the exam....Ive already lined up a Broker...I dont intend to change my practice of not charging those who come to me from my company, but at least now I can, without angering agents/brokers ensure that the buyers are able to receive back in closing concessions the buyers 3% without all the confrontation.
So when this broker agreed to take you on you mentioned that you would be doing only transactions for you and your friends where you would not be taking a commission? I can't imagine why this broker would allow you to hang your license in their office if they knew that up front.
 
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM
 
1,726 posts, read 2,276,730 times
Reputation: 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
So when this broker agreed to take you on you mentioned that you would be doing only transactions for you and your friends where you would not be taking a commission? I can't imagine why this broker would allow you to hang your license in their office if they knew that up front.
Because she is my aunt and understands what I am doing and is happy to help family. I am also reimbursing her for all her additional E&O insurance and other direct costs.

Two years from now I will be a broker myself and it wont matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top