Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 05:27 AM

40 posts, read 53,438 times

Advertisements

I am eligible to take this course and was hoping to get some opinions on it. I am a cash buyer with a near 800 FICO. BBA, too. So I have serious doubts about learning anything. I am just wondering if a cash buyer would get the same deal without the certificate. I won't be paying full list, anyways, so if they are just looking at net, why bother? It has been four+ years since I owned, so I am a FTB in their view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 05:48 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,583,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vientianevinny View Post
I am a cash buyer...
Do you expect to use a Fannie Mae mortgage or not?
Will you be buying a Home Path property?

The program offers first-time home buyers the opportunity to put as little as 3% down
and get up to 3% of the purchase price back in the form of closing cost assistance...

Old 01-08-2018, 06:39 AM

8,657 posts, read 22,820,703 times
If you know that much, you should be able to skip straight to the test and test out of the course. Unfortunately, the large number of the buying public that claimed they were not told something prior to buying registered with the Agency during the mortgage crisis. So, now, if you want to purchase and finance with their special loan programs, you must take the class. Cash buyers would not have to take the class, so you could get out of the class that way. But as a side note, those paying cash are likely investors, and investors do not get priority consideration when reviewing offers.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:04 AM

40 posts, read 53,438 times
Not getting a mortgage. 3% would be nice, but not if is smoke and mirrors. There is a HomePath property I am interested in. A lottery ticket and a six pack are investments in my future...a house would be too, but definitely moving in, and the first look period has lapsed.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 AM

9,864 posts, read 14,020,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Do you expect to use a Fannie Mae mortgage or not?
Fannie Mae does not provide mortgages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate