Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 06:39 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times

Advertisements

I met the seller of my last house three times. She refused to have the house shown or inspected without her being present and she was unpleasant to the extreme each time. Even though we were paying her asking price and asking for no concessions, she threw every block in the way she could. She impeded the inspector in every way she could. She turned the utilities off the day we made an offer and was furious beyond belief that she had to cut them back on for the inspection.

At the closing, she sat across the room glaring at us the whole time. When she left, she spit at my feet and said she hoped we never had a happy day in the house. I never figured out what her problem was. I don't ever want to meet a seller again.

When I sold the house fourteen years later, I met the buyer for the first time at closing. It was a pleasant experience. We laughed and hugged. I said I hope she would be as happy in the house as I and my late husband had been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,162,696 times
I never met the sellers of my current home. I did meet sellers twice while viewing homes for sale this year. One was by chance as they were just getting home while we were leaving and the other was a for sale by owner. The for sale by owner guy didn’t seem like he wanted to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate