Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 AM

24,466 posts, read 10,793,748 times

Advertisements

I really need some input from seasoned professionals. Moving fright or real problem?

April 2015 we thought moving was on the horizon. I spoke with an agent who came recommended. We stayed in touch and I called her when we got the green light. Local, in the industry 10-12 years, ... Her mother is seriously ill and she told us a friend and colleague will work with her and us so we get the attention we need.

Pictures were made on a Monday and hit the MLS Friday. I had to call to correct information on the listing (admin handles posting was the response). Week three and the only flyers are what I created. We priced going by comps and have features which are not standard from tornado shelter to heated towel racks. SO asked point blank questions about a "cash buyer making an offer". She thought so. She called me to tell me she initially refused to show to a confused older women which turned out to be a mother with a small child. Two showings and hype about a cash buyer based on the other agent's request for utility bills. BTW I do,not have the filing cabinet in the car during a showing!

Agent caravans are a waste of their time, open house is a waste of time, ... I hear the request for price reduction coming.

She was supposed to be here this morning to drop off flyers for the kitchen counter. Every conversation ends with how expensive fotographer and flyers were. My office faces the street. Several nice cars stopped, looked, took notes. We could not get through to her cell yesterday and her response later was "I am talking to you".

Is she sitting on her half commission (splitting with the original realtor who did not want to loose the listing) waiting for something to happen? This is week three tour week four.

She just brought flyers - street address is not correct (xyz instead of xyzz drive - oh they will know because they will be in here). Three fotos one of which with a 10-sweeter hot tub which is excluded on the MLS and in the text ...or the hot tub ...

What do I do?

Last edited by Threestep2; 10-20-2015 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 11:04 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
Send an email to listing broker and the referred broker to fix the flyers, period.

Flyers do not sell houses, brokers tours do not sell houses, open houses rarely sell houses.

Learn to pick your battles. This is a business partnership, treat it like one.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:09 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,801,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Send an email to listing broker and the referred broker to fix the flyers, period.

Flyers do not sell houses, brokers tours do not sell houses, open houses rarely sell houses.

Not surprised a realtor lol would not find anything wrong with another realtor lol and just tell the OP to pick her battles.

The sellers agent is lazy and doesn't deserve her commission if she can't even get the street address right.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

A partnership goes both ways. Would you mind to give me a site where I can pull the top selling agents for my area? Thank you.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:59 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,734,978 times
Your listing contract is with your broker, not the agent(s) so call the broker and either discuss by phone or go see him/her about it. You are right to expect professionalism and, based on what you wrote, you aren't receiving it. See if the broker agrees and what he/she intends to do about it.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:04 PM

24,457 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Picking a reliable agent is the hardest thing to do and it is lousy that the one referred to you couldn't do the job. Referrals are the best way to find an agent.

I work in the business and I know agents that get listing after listing because they are well known in the area. What the sellers don't know is that well known agent usually has other agents they delegate to.
I have seen and heard it all.
Seller "I know the owner of the big office in town and will use him." A few weeks later the house is listed with a so so agent that the owner decided to toss a bone to.

It really bothers me when agents take the listing and then do little service to the seller.

It sounds like your agent is either lazy and looking for a quick sale, has too much going on or is disorganized.

you need a full time agent with a proven track record who is still hungry for a sale.
I would suggest a "boutique agency" where every sale matters and you matter.

At my company we like to say "do you want to be just another listing with the big company or do you want to be a priority?"

#1 speak with the agent that was recommended to you and if not her than the office broker.
#2 if you are not happy try to get out of your contract if they will let you.
#3 look at zillow for a list of local agents to you, contact a few and set up interviews.
#4 choose the one that you feel will best represent you and your property.

Good luck.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:08 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I really need some input from seasoned professionals. Moving fright or real problem?

April 2015 we thought moving was on the horizon. I spoke with an agent who came recommended. We stayed in touch and I called her when we got the green light. Local, in the industry 10-12 years, ... Her mother is seriously ill and she told us a friend and colleague will work with her and us so we get the attention we need.

Pictures were made on a Monday and hit the MLS Friday. I had to call to correct information on the listing (admin handles posting was the response). Week three and the only flyers are what I created. We priced going by comps and have features which are not standard from tornado shelter to heated towel racks. SO asked point blank questions about a "cash buyer making an offer". She thought so. She called me to tell me she initially refused to show to a confused older women which turned out to be a mother with a small child. Two showings and hype about a cash buyer based on the other agent's request for utility bills. BTW I do,not have the filing cabinet in the car during a showing!

Agent caravans are a waste of their time, open house is a waste of time, ... I hear the request for price reduction coming.

She was supposed to be here this morning to drop off flyers for the kitchen counter. Every conversation ends with how expensive fotographer and flyers were. My office faces the street. Several nice cars stopped, looked, took notes. We could not get through to her cell yesterday and her response later was "I am talking to you".

Is she sitting on her half commission (splitting with the original realtor who did not want to loose the listing) waiting for something to happen? This is week three tour week four.

She just brought flyers - street address is not correct (xyz instead of xyzz drive - oh they will know because they will be in here). Three fotos one of which with a 10-sweeter hot tub which is excluded on the MLS and in the text ...or the hot tub ...

What do I do?
Unfortunately, this stinks. It is a reminder to all sellers to always get the marketing plan details in writing, and as a condition of the listing contract. No execution means breach of the contract and grounds for termination.
Every one of my listing contracts includes the marketing plan, and I tell my sellers, "Fire me if I don't do it."

Old 10-20-2015, 01:15 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,222,853 times
Here's the deal, I find you get better service from a higher to mid range agent over a top selling agent. Top selling agents get others (usually new agents) to do almost everything.

This coming from a 18 year realtor (I was in the top 10 of a top Re/max). I was closer to #10 and you would have had better communication, care, and more personalized service from me than the #1 agent.

Just sayin'!

Old 10-20-2015, 04:13 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,993,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Here's the deal, I find you get better service from a higher to mid range agent over a top selling agent. Top selling agents get others (usually new agents) to do almost everything.

This coming from a 18 year realtor (I was in the top 10 of a top Re/max). I was closer to #10 and you would have had better communication, care, and more personalized service from me than the #1 agent.

Just sayin'!

I definitely agree with this!

The agent you called let you know she was distracted by a family illness. She is probably counting on the other agent to take care of you...but that is not happening. Call the original agent first to discuss. If you aren't satisfied, call the broker, asked to be assigned to another agent.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I definitely agree with this!

The agent you called let you know she was distracted by a family illness. She is probably counting on the other agent to take care of you...but that is not happening. Call the original agent first to discuss. If you aren't satisfied, call the broker, asked to be assigned to another agent.
Thank you! I did speak with her and she was not a happy camper. Some changes such as the right city on the MLS have taken place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate