Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:05 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,507,222 times

Advertisements

It is not only my husband but our realtor that says our house is priced right.Not in this market we dropped it $10,000 last week and if I had my say I would drop it another $20,000. Two saying price is right and one (me ) saying LOWER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM

582 posts, read 2,004,851 times
In any market a price is only right if there is someone who is willing to pay it. Even in a seller's market if you go too crazy with your price you won't sell right way. Maybe talk to them about giving it a couple of weeks at that price and if it doesn't stir up interest then lower it again.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
In any market a price is only right if there is someone who is willing to pay it. Even in a seller's market if you go too crazy with your price you won't sell right way. Maybe talk to them about giving it a couple of weeks at that price and if it doesn't stir up interest then lower it again.
I agree with what you said but it would be nice to have a showing.We were away last weekend looking at homes and our realtor had a open house and said one person came by.Realtor said she was interested who knows.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,648,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I agree with what you said but it would be nice to have a showing.We were away last weekend looking at homes and our realtor had a open house and said one person came by.Realtor said she was interested who knows.
Open houses are a waste of time. Less than 5% of homes sold are through open houses. I know for a fact because when I sold last, I went to the competition to see what I was up against.

Did you check the sign in sheet of the person who came through? I'll bet you 20 bucks it was a nosy neighbor.

Get your price in line, tell your husband to wake up and let you make the decisions because you seem to know what you're talking about, and you'll get some serious traffic.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Coupon Jack.
No it wasn't a neighbor but a sheriff who is getting a divorice and she came with her sons but like I said we were out of town.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 PM

10,894 posts, read 21,851,140 times
Coupon Jack is right though, the % of homes sold at an open house was so low that they only got an * on the NAR survey this year. I think it was .2 or .02.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 AM

48 posts, read 160,758 times
Quote**LMAO!!!!! Beachbound, I thought you wrote I need a new MAN! I'm tired and need to go home.

I have a strange feeling my hubby is going to be the SAME way. I'm going through similar problems except it has nothing to do with listing our home (we're not even CLOSE to THAT). Hubby cancelled a job interview because the pay was too low for us (okay fine). THEN he got so aggreviated with the whole job hunting in another state process he decided that was it, we were not going to move, it's too much. He's tired of it. He'll just live the rest of his life in dreary old massachusetts. UGH! You'd think he'd be happy he got a CALL! Quote**

Alright, still don't have the quoting thing right here!! Funny thing surfing-I was born in Weymouth, Mass. And...hmmm...don't give me any ideas, by the end of all this I might need a new man because if I get mad enough and really speak my mind...it won't be pretty!! I just can't reason with him at all!! I hear "but it's really worth" (says who??), "but it was worth" (was being the magic word dear), "I won't take less" (fine, then pay on it forever!!). AARRGGHH!!! At least I don't have to contend with the changing jobs-moving far away thing. I tried that once, wanted to move from MD to SC-but no, we had to stay and let everything "cook" awhile, oh brother!!....(quick, pass the extinguisher because I think we have entered 5 alarm here!!) I could take that **&%$$ stinking metal detector (which is where all the energy goes) and stick it where the sun don't shine! Good luck to you Surfing-feels like were together on the Titanic. Someone throw us a life preserver!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:46 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboundgirl View Post
Quote**LMAO!!!!! Beachbound, I thought you wrote I need a new MAN! I'm tired and need to go home.

I have a strange feeling my hubby is going to be the SAME way. I'm going through similar problems except it has nothing to do with listing our home (we're not even CLOSE to THAT). Hubby cancelled a job interview because the pay was too low for us (okay fine). THEN he got so aggreviated with the whole job hunting in another state process he decided that was it, we were not going to move, it's too much. He's tired of it. He'll just live the rest of his life in dreary old massachusetts. UGH! You'd think he'd be happy he got a CALL! Quote**

Alright, still don't have the quoting thing right here!! Funny thing surfing-I was born in Weymouth, Mass. And...hmmm...don't give me any ideas, by the end of all this I might need a new man because if I get mad enough and really speak my mind...it won't be pretty!! I just can't reason with him at all!! I hear "but it's really worth" (says who??), "but it was worth" (was being the magic word dear), "I won't take less" (fine, then pay on it forever!!). AARRGGHH!!! At least I don't have to contend with the changing jobs-moving far away thing. I tried that once, wanted to move from MD to SC-but no, we had to stay and let everything "cook" awhile, oh brother!!....(quick, pass the extinguisher because I think we have entered 5 alarm here!!) I could take that **&%$$ stinking metal detector (which is where all the energy goes) and stick it where the sun don't shine! Good luck to you Surfing-feels like were together on the Titanic. Someone throw us a life preserver!
If you click the quote button on the message you're responding to it automatically puts the message in quotes for you.

I hope your home sells quick so you won't have to continue hearing all those comments. I'm actually not far from Weymouth (lakeville, ma to be specific). 2006 was the last time a house sold on my street (similar to mine actually). Hubby STILL tells me oh we'll definitely get THAT much for our house.

we're planning on moving to the coast of NC (up by VA). I get home last night to find that hubby hasn't filled out the application and questionaire he just received from yet another place (he said the questions - in his words - a waste of time). JUST FILL OUT THE FORMS! GRRRRR!!!!!! MEN! (sorry guys).

Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,868,558 times
I hate to say it buy I'm sitting here chuckling because what y'all are saying is my wife to a "T".
Can't convince her that it's worth what it's worth and no more. She keeps riding me that it should be 50k more than what it's listed for because this is her dream house and we put all this work into it and all her friends tell her so. Realllllllly, are they going to buy it? No? Then shush!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 AM

48 posts, read 160,758 times
Oh dear, those pesky forms!! You know who will be filling out the questionaire....have to do them all here. I put things like that in front of my Hubbie and his eyes just glaze over...I have to do all paperwork, reading and give him the condensed version..because, you know he is soooo busy!! Now if I could just get him to give me the "condensed" version of the civil war (there was an encampment on the property we live on) we would be in business. Good luck with your move to NC, I'll bet you will love it there! (I know I would!) I've given up with moving south. I would be happy to just move closeby into a different house with a better layout. Kids are grown and I run a home business and am in desperate need of storage on a safe street for my cats. I guess when the house prices are more than 2006 he will consider it. Gee, wonder what our next house will cost then??? Too much I'm sure since he could have bought *that* house in 2007 for less!! It's a vicious cycle!! MEN! (sorry guys too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate