Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,735,708 times

Advertisements

I sent a cordial inquiring e-mail to the broker/owner yesterday. No response.

Today, after seeing that our multiple listing is now missing its virtual tour, I sent another one telling him that we needed to resolve the status of the listing in the next few days. (Once again, I refrained from telling him what I really think.) I get a call from the broker/owner, who can barely eek out an apology. He assures me that his company is on the case.

A few minutes later, I get a call from the newly assigned agent, said to be a "veteran." She doesn't have most of my contact information or spelling of my name and has never seen the home. It sounds like she has no paperwork at all on our listing and one wonders what would have happened to the listing if I didn't make the outreach. I had to ask her to come by in a few days so that my wife and I could meet her and ask her questions. It would also be nice if she saw the house she is assigned to sell. And below-market commission or not, we're still talking about paying someone around $50K to sell my home.

I would like to believe the real estate profession is full of competent people, but I keep getting overwhelmed with evidence to the contrary -- whether it involves my own listing or the homes for sale that I go to inspect.

Does anyone think this is the way to run a real estate company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
My guess is:

*Agent moved license from broker (conflicts) and the broker of record probably wants the listing to stay. Agent wants the listings to go with them to the new broker. Old broker wont budge and may not have all the paperwork.

*Agent and broker are in discussions but nothing has come of it yet. They may strike a deal.

*The old broker may not be marketing the property or a computer problem has come up because the agent has changed their agent number to the new broker and therefore it may not show up under the old broker's name/number.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM

5 posts, read 9,077 times
Default Current agent changing brokers

The listing you signed was actually with the broker not the agent. Therefore, when an agent leaves, the broker keeps the listing. The day your agent left, the broker should have contacted you. At the very least the broker should have called to let you know about your new agent!
I would call the broker and ask to let out of your listing agreement. Some brokers will and some won't.
At the very least you should ask the broker for another agent at the office THAT YOU WISH TO WORK WITH,
you should not just be assigned an agent.
I hope things work out for you!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM

410 posts, read 1,293,429 times
Wow, so unprofessional! It never ceases to amaze me how some brokers treat people. Million dollar home or not, the service from that brokerage is unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate