Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times

Advertisements

Pledge of Allegiance to Members of the Public

I pledge to safeguard to the best of my abilities the trust that is placed in me to assist you with your housing needs.

I promise that I will provide you with all the necessary information available that is pertinent to your individual real estate transaction.
I promise that I will allow you to make the decisions that affect your real estate needs.

I am committed to the spirit and letter of the law to provide everyone with equal access to housing.

I will encourage you to avail yourself of professional attorneys, accountants, surveyors, appraisers, contractors, inspectors and others that are more skilled in their areas of expertise than I am.

I will not let my personal relationship with others deter me from cooperating with them to accomplish your transaction.

I will not let my desire to profit from the transaction alter the course that you have selected.

I will tell you when I do not know the answer to your questions.

I will accept compensation only from sources that I have first disclosed to you.

I will continue to stay abreast of those areas where it is reasonable to expect information from a real estate professional.

I will not inspect property that you are interested in as I am not an inspector but I will assist you in the selection of an inspector of your choosing and co-operate with you and that inspector.

I will disclose to you all material facts associated with the property actually known to me.

I will follow the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS

from Oliver Franscona's book "The Digital Paper Trail" The Digital Paper Trail Products -- Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C., A Colorado Law Firm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM

35 posts, read 285,480 times
Wow! If only you were based in Chicago...

Don't ever change!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Pledge of Allegiance to Members of the Public

I pledge to safeguard to the best of my abilities the trust that is placed in me to assist you with your housing needs.

I promise that I will provide you with all the necessary information available that is pertinent to your individual real estate transaction.
I promise that I will allow you to make the decisions that affect your real estate needs.

I am committed to the spirit and letter of the law to provide everyone with equal access to housing.

I will encourage you to avail yourself of professional attorneys, accountants, surveyors, appraisers, contractors, inspectors and others that are more skilled in their areas of expertise than I am.

I will not let my personal relationship with others deter me from cooperating with them to accomplish your transaction.

I will not let my desire to profit from the transaction alter the course that you have selected.

I will tell you when I do not know the answer to your questions.

I will accept compensation only from sources that I have first disclosed to you.

I will continue to stay abreast of those areas where it is reasonable to expect information from a real estate professional.

I will not inspect property that you are interested in as I am not an inspector but I will assist you in the selection of an inspector of your choosing and co-operate with you and that inspector.

I will disclose to you all material facts associated with the property actually known to me.

I will follow the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS

from Oliver Franscona's book "The Digital Paper Trail" The Digital Paper Trail Products -- Frascona, Joiner, Goodman and Greenstein, P.C., A Colorado Law Firm
Pass me the grain of salt 2B...

Like most such neat well rounded things it has significant holes. Written by lawyers.

Interesting though. He you got the other two pledges from that work? Be interesting to contrast the three.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Oliver is great - Not only is he a Lawyer (and, a dang good one!) But, he is also a REALTOR / Broker with his own firm

I hope you follow his advice

BTW, if you are going to the NAR Conference in Las Vegas, you can meet Oliver in person -

Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oliver is great - Not only is he a Lawyer (and, a dang good one!) But, he is also a REALTOR / Broker with his own firm

I hope you follow his advice

BTW, if you are going to the NAR Conference in Las Vegas, you can meet Oliver in person -
Well let us see.

"I will accept compensation only from sources that I have first disclosed to you."

You really think that is good enough?

We will be at the NAR thing. See you there.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Well let us see.

"I will accept compensation only from sources that I have first disclosed to you."

You really think that is good enough?

We will be at the NAR thing. See you there.
Yes - I think it is "good enough"

Glad you decided to go to the Conference - lots to learn and do - make sure you go to the trade show

Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Well do RE Agent understand this stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - I think it is "good enough"

Glad you decided to go to the Conference - lots to learn and do - make sure you go to the trade show
Greatday thinks it good enough. I do not agree.

I think our profession does not understand a lot of the issues.

Here is the challenge...step up and say whether you agree with Greatday or Olecapt. But send olecapt a DM that explains why.

After a couple of days I will publish them.

Should be interesting...will anyone play?

Very few is my estimate...most won't undertstand the issue and those that do will find it difficult to determine who is right.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I think our profession does not understand a lot of the issues.
If you actually avail yourself of the many educational opportunities at the NAR Conference, and attend some of the Governance meetings to boot, you actually might learn exactly what the profession DOES understand and what the profession ACTUALLY DOES to help the true professional and the public at large
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate