Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,476 times

Advertisements

OP: Did your lawyer write your contract, or was it his lawyer? What does your lawyer say about this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM

118 posts, read 318,260 times
I got the auction date pushed back a few weeks. The person I spoke with said that they don't set the minimum bid until two days before the auction. Houses with similar floor plans in my area are on auction.com with a starting bid around $25k below what I am selling for, but they actually seem to be selling for about $10k above what I am selling it for.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM

32 posts, read 68,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGal25 View Post

This is not some small-time investor, either. This is someone who is a major RE investor in the area and even teaches classes and writes books on the subject.

I'm tempted to tell him where he can stick it and refuse to extend the closing and just let the bank take it, but since there is no "time is of the essence" clause, I don't even think I can. I think they can compel me to close if it is within a "reasonable" amount of time.
You should have read his book or attended his seminar, One of the favorite strategies of RE investors, is to get a seller in a forclosure position and delay , delay,delay,delay, until you have no other options, once he gets you to the settlement table, expect the offer to change or go away completely, Most likely he is trying to flip your contract to some other investor from one of his 'classes', leaving you with practicly nothing or less then nothing. Make sure he spells your name i nthe credits of his next book

Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Does he have earnest money at stake?

Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM

748 posts, read 820,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGal25 View Post
I got the auction date pushed back a few weeks. The person I spoke with said that they don't set the minimum bid until two days before the auction. Houses with similar floor plans in my area are on auction.com with a starting bid around $25k below what I am selling for, but they actually seem to be selling for about $10k above what I am selling it for.
My guess is the deal price isn't low enough. Investors don't usually buy for $10k below what comparable houses are selling for. If you don't have much equity in the house you don't have much leverage. If it goes into foreclosure, the bank will probably sell at a cheap price to cover their loan (if possible) and you're left with nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate