Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 PM

118 posts, read 317,727 times

Advertisements

My feeling as a buyer is that I don't want to waste my time on a house with high HOA fees. I don't want to look at it. i don't want to have to call an agent and then wait for them to track down the information. I certainly don't want to have to wait until I get into escrow to discover special assessments. It's not just a waste of my time, it's a waste of the agent's time as well. IMO, all HOA information should be a standard part of the listing. And CC&Rs for all HOAs should be publicly available. There is no point in me even viewing a house if I don't agree with the CC&Rs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,641,986 times
In our HOA (still 10 of 113 homes for sale) the sales agent has a sales package and part of it is a listing of the dues and a budget of where they go so nothing is hidden. If you sign a lot reservation (including a refundable $500 deposit) you will have 30 days to pick a model, options, and work out the final price. Also at that time you are asked to sign for a copy of the Covenants, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. These are for your review. If during the 30 days you decide to cancel, your lot deposit of $500 is refunded.

Now I cannot tell you how resales are handled as they are between the seller and buyer but I do know one could go to the sales office and get a sales package which includes the dues information as I said above.

I know in several HOA's I was a member of, one could request a letter from the association with a dues/assessments schedule. The HOA was happy to provide such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate