U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 01:09 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,206,143 times

Advertisements

As with a used car for allot of stuff we buy now days it comes an "as is" clause. When someone is in the market for a home the realtor always has a discloser for the buyer.

Well in this case its a bit different. the realtor bought the property put some houses on it. The issue at hand is the "AS IS" clause, for when the realtor bought the property the title said, An "undivided 1/2 interest". Now knowing he bought the property that way. This person is trying to sue the other people who have the other "undivided 1/2 interest".
The realtor is suing for a partion of the property and that if a resolution cannot be had that the other party needs to sell to the realtor their "undivided 1/2 interest" as well as pay any and all lawyer's fees.

My friend told me his story and I tripped.... I know drugs is becoming and epidemic... just trying to figure out what this guy's been shmokin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM

13,707 posts, read 31,323,456 times
The as-is clause is different than a 50% equity stake. The agent and your friend are Tenants in Common/Joint Tenancy.

Suing for partition is normal in a situation like this. The agent had equity with someone else. They passed and your friend inherited it. The agent doesn't want to have an equity stake with your friend so they are suing so they can sell it. If your friend doesn't want to deal with that, then they can cooperate and sell the property.

This is common. Just because you don't know that doesn't mean the agent is smoking something.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:45 PM

4,463 posts, read 7,853,862 times
For anyone who is lost..... we are talking about this same topic posted earlier.

LINK

Not sure why you started another topic.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:23 PM

3,199 posts, read 10,878,749 times
"As Is" generally pertains to the condition of the property, not any tenancy issues.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:41 PM

8,157 posts, read 14,125,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
For anyone who is lost..... we are talking about this same topic posted earlier.

LINK

Not sure why you started another topic.
The other thread was laughing at the realtor, this one is calling the realtor a pothead. Different.

I guess for someone who doesn't read the answers in her own threads, why not put a slightly different spin on things.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,206,143 times
Yes Annie...... I did one thread only to come look for it and not finding it I started the other. I must say I do like your posts the most. I forwarded all the info to my friend I hope he can find it useful....

Mahalo, Aloha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or