U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2013, 11:05 PM
 
2,741 posts, read 3,161,821 times
Reputation: 2925

Advertisements

There is not a separate association for each section. There are numerous sections - some of which are now burdened by a corporation other than the WPOA, some burdened by no corporation, and then there is the WPOA corporation which claims dubious authority over the remaining sections.

There are no assets to speak of, just board members desirous of exerting their whims on the rest of the homeowners. TexasWoman44 is one reason so many property owners worked to eliminate the "membership" in the WPOA to begin with. The WPOA corp board incumbents refuse to repect the choices and the elections made by other property owners to dump the WPOA board and all the bad things it brings with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoc
On a quick bit of research it would appear the WPOA problem is the classic HOA problem - Apathy. They can't get sufficient attendance to hold a meeting.

While you belabor purported bad behavior by the Board it appears apathy is the biggest problem in that Association.

In general that tends to be the problem with many HOAs - Apathy..
There is nothing apathetic about all the property owners that got together and voted to eliminate membership in the WPOA. If "apathy" was really a problem then the "problem" could readily be solved by eliminating the HOA. If no one cares then why shouldn't they be able to be rid of it and its board? The board members want the WPOA and a peasant class to reign over - that's why they sued to try to prevent hundreds of other owners from exiting. The property owners in the sections that left want nothing to do with the WPOA or its board.

Last edited by IC_deLight; 06-14-2013 at 11:46 PM..

 
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post

There is nothing apathetic about all the property owners that got together and voted to eliminate membership in the WPOA. The problem is the existence of the WPOA corporation and its board. The "apathy problem" you claim exists can be readily solved by eliminating the HOA. Only the board members want the WPOA - that's why they sued to try to prevent hundreds of other owners from exiting. The homeowners in the sections that left wanted nothing to do with the WPOA or its board.


.
'
Utterly absurd view. Those trying to change the HOA can't get enough members to hold a meeting...that is apathy.

It would appear relatively simple to get rid of the old majority later this year. But not if you don't show up at the meetings.

People interested show up...those not don't
 
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 AM
 
2,741 posts, read 3,161,821 times
Reputation: 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
'
Utterly absurd view. Those trying to change the HOA can't get enough members to hold a meeting...that is apathy.

It would appear relatively simple to get rid of the old majority later this year. But not if you don't show up at the meetings.

People interested show up...those not don't
They eliminated the WPOA from their lots and that took some doing. By getting rid of the WPOA from their lots - they don't have to show up this year or ever. The WPOA burden is gone from their lots. It is the WPOA board that doesn't like being "gone". TexasWoman44 and her cronies sued to try to undo the exodus.

Last edited by IC_deLight; 06-15-2013 at 09:47 AM..
 
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 AM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
They eliminated the WPOA from their lots and that took some doing. There is no changing the corrupt board. By getting rid of the WPOA from their lots - they don't have to show up this year or ever. The WPOA is gone from their lots. It is the WPOA board that doesn't like being "gone". TexasWoman44 and her cronies sued to try to undo the exodus.
Source?

There appears to be a board and an opposition to the board...with apathy preventing anything from occurring.

And all sounds like a matter of low import.
 
Old 06-15-2013, 09:45 AM
 
2,741 posts, read 3,161,821 times
Reputation: 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Source?

There appears to be a board and an opposition to the board...with apathy preventing anything from occurring.

And all sounds like a matter of low import.
Not sure what "appears" refers to. Your definition of "apathy" seems equivocal as well. If by "apathy" you mean lot of people that want nothing to do with the WPOA, you would be correct. However, that is their choice. Hundreds of lot owners in section after section eliminated involuntary membership in the WPOA corp. That's not "apathy" in the regular sense, that is a concerted effort to eliminate the WPOA corp from their lives and their property.

There are still sections burdened by the WPOA and still plenty of folks that want nothing to do with the WPOA corp and its board. Apathy isn't preventing anything from occurring. The owners in sections with hundreds and hundreds of lots have already left. I don't think they really care for your implication that they just need to "get involved". Their decision was to eliminate the WPOA corp from their property. The sections that have left aren't the only ones leaving.

You continue with the same premise that the homeowners just need to get the "right people" in charge and you really have an imaginary belief that this is some democratic organization representing the homeowners. Both premises are false. There is no cure for the WPOA corp - only a cure for the property owner. You really have no grasp of how the WPOA board (and lots of other HOA boards across the country) preys upon property owners. The cure is to excise the WPOA corp from your property. Plenty of folks know that and already exercised the cure. Others will likewise cure the defect in their property by eliminating membership in the WPOA corp.
 
Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 AM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
Not sure what "appears" refers to. Your definition of "apathy" seems equivocal as well. If by "apathy" you mean lot of people that want nothing to do with the WPOA, you would be correct. However, that is their choice. Hundreds of lot owners in section after section eliminated involuntary membership in the WPOA corp. That's not "apathy" in the regular sense, that is a concerted effort to eliminate the WPOA corp from their lives and their property.

There are still sections burdened by the WPOA and still plenty of folks that want nothing to do with the WPOA corp and its board. Apathy isn't preventing anything from occurring. The owners in sections with hundreds and hundreds of lots have already left. I don't think they really care for your implication that they just need to "get involved". Their decision was to eliminate the WPOA corp from their property. The sections that have left aren't the only ones leaving.

You continue with the same premise that the homeowners just need to get the "right people" in charge and you really have an imaginary belief that this is some democratic organization representing the homeowners. Both premises are false. There is no cure for the WPOA corp - only a cure for the property owner. You really have no grasp of how the WPOA board (and lots of other HOA boards across the country) preys upon property owners. The cure is to excise the WPOA corp from your property. Plenty of folks know that and already exercised the cure. Others will likewise cure the defect in their property by eliminating membership in the WPOA corp.
Again you seem long on opinion and short on facts. Those leaving WPOA appear to be joining other Associations. Are you suggesting there are good HOAs and bad ones?

You assert they have successfully removed WPOA from their lots. Source?
 
Old 06-15-2013, 05:23 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Again you seem long on opinion and short on facts. Those leaving WPOA appear to be joining other Associations. Are you suggesting there are good HOAs and bad ones?

You assert they have successfully removed WPOA from their lots. Source?
Did you miss this one IC?
 
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
 
2,741 posts, read 3,161,821 times
Reputation: 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Did you miss this one IC?
Didn't miss anything Ivoc nor will your skepticism change the facts. If you are inquiring as to whether lot owners eliminated involuntary membership in the WPOA from their lots, the answer is yes. The facts are that the restrictive covenants of each section at issue were amended to eliminate involuntary membership in the WPOA corporation. You are free to peruse the official public records at Hays County clerk's office in San Marcos, Texas to get the facts whenever you want.

If you want verification whether TexasWomans44's husband was kicked off a golf course and prohibited from returning due to her conduct, you can ask her or plenty of other folks. Maybe she'll tell you or maybe she'll give you one of her favorite lines, "I don't recall". Come on down to Woodcreek and ask around. Or you can invite him to go with you to the local golf course. Just make sure to take two cars.

For lawsuits you can look up Woodcreek Property* as a party at the Hays County court records. The system is limited to providing 200 records at a time. The WPOA has been involved in far more lawsuits so you'll have to filter by timeframe to review the suits. You could start by looking for cases after Jan 1, 2008.
 
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
 
Location: NC
6,034 posts, read 7,185,334 times
Reputation: 6328
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
[/b]Feel free to identify the blathering bunk. HOAs rarely have any obligation to provide any kind of service. The restrictive covenants usually purport to give the HOA authority to do something but not the obligation to do something - unless of course the "obligation" was to relieve the developer that created the HOA of his financial obligation to do something.

Those are completely non-analogous examples - did you actually read? I'm not aware of any car loans where the lien continues into perpetuity no matter what is paid nor can one party or a third party unilaterally declare how much the owner must pay on a car note ... into perpetuity. Property taxes are imposed only by legitimate local governments - political subdivisions of the state. An HOA corporation is not a government and is not a political subdivision of the state. Your comparison suggests an unconstitutional delegation of taxation power to a private corporation.What state are you in where you "sign these contracts to be a part of a property with an HOA". You didn't contract with the HOA nor the other homeowners.

Rarely does the HOA have an obligation to provide services. Contracts usually require consideration - what enforceable "benefit" does the homeowner have against the HOA corporation in return for perpetual assessments unlimited in time or amount? Not sure what "exterior building" insurance refers to but it sounds like you are talking about a CONDOMINIUM and not an HOA. Neither a condominium nor an HOA have any business intervening between the customer and the utility. Whatever utility issue you complain about is easily resolved by eliminating the HOA from the business it has absolutely no business being involved in - the relationship between the regulated utility and the consumer.
HOA's often provide services...

What about townhome buildings metered together? What about exterior structure/roof/gutter maintenance? What about landscaping?


 
Old 06-15-2013, 10:19 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
Didn't miss anything Ivoc nor will your skepticism change the facts. If you are inquiring as to whether lot owners eliminated involuntary membership in the WPOA from their lots, the answer is yes. The facts are that the restrictive covenants of each section at issue were amended to eliminate involuntary membership in the WPOA corporation. You are free to peruse the official public records at Hays County clerk's office in San Marcos, Texas to get the facts whenever you want.

If you want verification whether TexasWomans44's husband was kicked off a golf course and prohibited from returning due to her conduct, you can ask her or plenty of other folks. Maybe she'll tell you or maybe she'll give you one of her favorite lines, "I don't recall". Come on down to Woodcreek and ask around. Or you can invite him to go with you to the local golf course. Just make sure to take two cars.

For lawsuits you can look up Woodcreek Property* as a party at the Hays County court records. The system is limited to providing 200 records at a time. The WPOA has been involved in far more lawsuits so you'll have to filter by timeframe to review the suits. You could start by looking for cases after Jan 1, 2008.
And those lots leaving WPOA are not in another Association? And there still what looks like something more than 100 homes in WPOA? And yet they can't get 25 members to attend a general membership meeting? So they don't have an apathy problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top