Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times

Advertisements

Nearly everything looks very nice. Most of the rooms are set up in a nice and appealing way. Colors are nice. Here is what I would change;

1. The bedroom with the blue wall? Maybe change that to a more lighter or traditional color. It may work for you but the majority of people are probably not going to like it. Have you considered a light gray, beige, cream or something? Maybe even a light shade of green. What I would do is pick a similar but a bit different color than the living room walls. It is a small house so having a uniform look would work better I think.

2. The living room is cluttered and the furniture does not all go together. The book shelf near the door? Appears to be too close to the door. The red chair and ottoman don't fit the couches and look out of place with the desk behind it.

3. From the look of things you have 4 different shades of wood furniture. The table and chairs are one shade, the buffet? or desk thing in the dining area is another shade, the computer desk is another color, the book shelves are a different color and the frame of the clock is another shade. That does not work for me. Choose a shade to live with.

If you are staging this home then I would make the changes. For those that are buying maybe they will see around the furnishings. The home does look nice as it is without furnishings.

I am lost though. Are all these pictures of your home or did someone post additional pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
Thanks. The pics are all of my home. As other posters made suggestions or if I took more, I posted them

Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Default A front of the house idea

try shooting the front from a different angle
instead of emphasizing the driveway and garge
shoot from the corner of the yard and emphasize the cute front patio
use a really wide-angle lens (14mm in DSLR)

Old 05-19-2013, 11:24 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
I do have one "negative" comment. On my computer screen, the picture of the back, straight on to the deck, looks like the paint on the trim is peeling.

If that is just the photo, don't use the photo. If it really is peeling, it would pay to get someone up there on a ladder to repaint that trim (or wash it, if it is some sort of stain). Buyers generally do not want to repaint a house and peeling paint will scare some of them off.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I do have one "negative" comment. On my computer screen, the picture of the back, straight on to the deck, looks like the paint on the trim is peeling.

If that is just the photo, don't use the photo. If it really is peeling, it would pay to get someone up there on a ladder to repaint that trim (or wash it, if it is some sort of stain). Buyers generally do not want to repaint a house and peeling paint will scare some of them off.
Pretty sure that is white aluminum soffit that is a little dirty, not peeling paint.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
Turn on all the lights before taking pictures. Even if you have to carry a lamp from room to room.

After all that work it might be nicer than anything you will see for sale elsewhere and want it back. j/k

Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I wish you best of success. I am glad you took nothing said about any of the photos personally.
Ditto.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Pretty sure that is white aluminum soffit that is a little dirty, not peeling paint.
Correct. My dh pressure washed it but it's stained I might have him get up there with some bleach and a scrub brush.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Ditto.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
try shooting the front from a different angle
instead of emphasizing the driveway and garge
shoot from the corner of the yard and emphasize the cute front patio
use a really wide-angle lens (14mm in DSLR)
Here's another angle:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate