Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM

238 posts, read 761,687 times

Advertisements

Calling you and telling you your house hasn't sold yet... doesn't really make it sell any faster.

Were it me (and I know it's not) I'd be looking at getting a cheaper agent, and putting the difference toward the list price. She can call me when she has an offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 PM

95 posts, read 260,473 times
Sounds like LOT OF GOOD ADVISE. TALK TO YOUR FRIEND AS A AGENT AND A fRIEND. She owes you ceratin things ( Fudiciary Duities ) as a agent. Shes aware of these and will step up to the plate. Good Luck

Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,224,275 times
When we finally had a good heart to heart talk to our friend/agent and told her honestly how we felt and that we were considering getting a new agent she did step up to the bat a bit better. Sometimes a little communication goes a long way!! Although I still would not recommend her to anyone today!! And it did taint a good friendship! Really not worth it in the long run.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:51 PM

301 posts, read 1,543,403 times
I used a close friend for the first 4 months.He worked for a small firm.And had his hands tied with what he was able to due.I went to him after a time and talked start up with him.And as said before business is business.I changed realtor and we still talk every week.Communication is the KEY in all kinds of relationships.Isn't it amazing that any thread started here someone always has to add your price is to high,drop your price.LOL.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 PM

55 posts, read 194,214 times
Thank you all so much! I will have that talk, I hate to make waves but I think it needs to be done.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,927,695 times
. . . and I will second, or is it fouth, fifth, or maybe sixth . . . never, ever, mix friends (or family) and business.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,659,134 times
I guarantee you she won't "be too busy" to cash that 20,000 check she's going to receive in commission.

Sounds like she's got a pretty good gig going with you....no work and easy money.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:01 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,144,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessings11 View Post
Thank you all so much! I will have that talk, I hate to make waves but I think it needs to be done.
Blessings, IMO your agent is taking advantage of you and is showing you little or no respect as a client. You may be thinking of her more as a friend than she is of you. Her lack of communication is unprofessional and inexcusable. It also sounds like she is a part time agent with more important things on her mind other than her profession. I would suspect that this unprofessionalism bleeds over into other aspects of her work. I would suggest you have her document exactly what she has done to market your home. Did she develop a marketing plan with you that outlined everything she would do, and when, regarding marketing your house? If there is a marketing plan how much of it was actually implemented? Has she put your house on all of the applicable internet sites with quality multiple photos(i.e., realtor.com, craigslist, her personal website, her company's website, etc.)? When were these put on and what feedback are you getting on this? Some of these sites lets you know the number of hits your house is getting. Has she worked with you to have your house staged to the max so that it looks as good as or better than your cometition? Has she provided you with a regular market analysis on home sold and on your competition? Has this analysis been used to appropriately price your home? Did she have quality flyers printed? To whom and when did she distribute these flyers? How and when has she promoted your home to other realtors? What other print advertising has she done and when? How much money has she spent on marketing your home? These are just some of the questions that a professional and responsible realtor should be able to give you satisfactory answers. If they can't, they are not doing their job.
If her friendship is truly dear to you then consider talking with her about your feeling very uncomfortable mixing friendship and business. Then get a realtor who is professional, cares about your business and will make selling your home a priority. Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 AM

403 posts, read 1,168,107 times
Treat your friend to dinner - and fire her.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:44 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,144,281 times
Blessings, I'd be interested in your letting us know how things went for you. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate