Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I can't say this really is important. In the end, consumers aren't buying Re/Max, Coldwell Banker, Keller Williams, Prudential, or whatever they're buying YOU. Some of the most successful agents in my area aren't even associated with a major brand.

As evidenced by the fact that there are at least 40 agents in every market who all claim to be #1.
Mike, all real estate is local. You are correct, but if the whole truth on a national or worldwide basis means anything then indeed, your sentence about consumers not buying is wrong. Yes, in any given day, the evidence is that one brand's agents averaged over 16 transactions per year in the US while the NAR showed an average of only 12 transactions.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Mike, all real estate is local. You are correct, but if the whole truth on a national or worldwide basis means anything then indeed, your sentence about consumers not buying is wrong. Yes, in any given day, the evidence is that one brand's agents averaged over 16 transactions per year in the US while the NAR showed an average of only 12 transactions.
It does not mean anything except to the owners and managing brokers of the franchise, regardless of brand.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times
Because McDonalds sells 16 burgers to Burger King's 12 doesn't make Mac's burgers any tastier. In fact, Mama Cole's homemade burgers at sales of .0000000000001 to every MacDonald's may be far superior. Spare me all the chest-thumping and race for a meaningless statistic.

"... carrying signs, Mostly say, “Hooray for our side.” ___Buffalo Springfield

Old 06-18-2013, 05:25 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It does not mean anything except to the owners and managing brokers of the franchise, regardless of brand.
Mom, you can believe that all you want, but there is independent proof that you have been fed a line of self-serving mis-direction.

If you don't believe "branding" is extremely important, then I recommend you watch your local tv tonight. Odds are that most of the advertisements will be local car dealers selling their national brand. Odds are very much against you seeing the independent used car dealer's advertisement. Yes, the local dealer gets co-op money, but 100% of that co-op money comes from the dealer's personal sales volume. Usually $300 to $500 of every car sold is returned to the dealer.

Yes, you are correct, but show me the number of top producing, independent, non-aligned, individual brokers in your town, then compare the number of top producing, branded (yes, even local brands count), aligned agents & brokers in your community.

Individual branding does not work, and I can prove it over and over and over.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Because McDonalds sells 16 burgers to Burger King's 12 doesn't make Mac's burgers any tastier. In fact, Mama Cole's homemade burgers at sales of .0000000000001 to every MacDonald's may be far superior. Spare me all the chest-thumping and race for a meaningless statistic.

"... carrying signs, Mostly say, “Hooray for our side.” ___Buffalo Springfield
Actually, for some reason, I always think of "Exw tria arxidia."

MY_BIG_FAT_GREEK_WEDDING-Three Testicles.wmv - YouTube

Old 06-18-2013, 06:11 AM

And further wisdom from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

We all fruit....

In the end, we all fruit... - YouTube

Old 06-18-2013, 06:15 AM

3,608 posts, read 7,921,245 times
Reminds me of an interminable previous discussion about Zestimates.

Memo to OP: virtually all of us don't care.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:11 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
I remember when I used to work for Cingular/At&t we used to have an ongoing rivalry with Verizon and went back and forth trying to establish dominance over the other guy. I think back on it now and have to shake my head thinking how childish and irrelevant it actually was. This thread mirrors that identically.

Move on folks, nothing to see here.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post

Move on folks, nothing to see here.
Really? Heck, I watched both my video clips twice!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times
This thread reminds me of some of the propaganda Prudential gives us to use as part of our CMA packages. One page says "Prudential is the fastest growing real estate franchise" and the other says "Prudential has the highest average selling price of any major brand" and of course there are eye catching graphics and numbers to back those claims up. No one and I mean NO ONE in my office uses these pages because we've found none of the consumers give a rat's posterior. The "highest average selling price" might be a nice page to use but the median sale price quoted in the chart for Prudential is in the 300's and the median sale price in this town is $650K. A page I have to explain because of numbers that don't line up is not going to impress anyone.

I agree that being associated with a known brand name helps but only to a point. They all claim to be #1 in some capacity so I don't see the point in arguing about it. If KW turns out to be wrong about this then their statisticians will just find another metric so that they can sey they're #1. So, what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate