Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,970,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's Burgers View Post
The Nazi's were ordered to kill Jews and said" we were just following orders". Their is a moral code even though progressives think their are no truths.
Sorry, hon. The anti-fascist position is the liberal one and Nazis are the ultimate conservatives.

And yes, the progressives are right: There is a moral code that supercedes both fascist laws and corporate greed.

Also, Godwin is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 01:31 AM

118 posts, read 487,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathil17 View Post
I totally believe that BOA officials were told to lie. We started a modification in Jan of '10. The back peddling started from there. I finally got sick of doing all of the work for them, and then waiting for them to "review" the paperwork. In the fall of '12 (yep, that long) I finally contacted someone who actually restarted the process and got it done in 5 months. Only to have the modification drop my payment on about 10 bucks! Certainly not worth the time I invested in this, let alone the arrears now accrued on the account. Needless to say I told them what they could do with the house and we moved. Now, they call me at work, and I have heard from them more in one week than I did in 2 years!! Quite the little scam they got going. Yep, they can take the house and "*****" it. And that is what I told them. They said it will kill my credit. I told the lady no worries....they already did that by putting me 50k in the damn hole. Yep, I believe they were paid to lie 100%!

$10???? THATS HORRIBLE.

I know with collections, and they are calling you at work all you have to tell them is "you can't call my place of work and this is my work number"... it's against the law (for collections) to call your place of work after a verbal warning. Not sure if this will fall under that category or not.

But even after a foreclosure there is still hope.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM

220 posts, read 834,580 times
I called BoA for refinancing an 7yr ARM home loan that I had with them 3 years ago. My ARM rate was 4.25%. They said my new fixed rate would be 7.5% plus closing costs somewhere north of 5 grands. I said forget it. Three years later, the same ARM loan is now at 2.85%. Laugh. My condo is currently in pending sale.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness8t5 View Post
$10???? THATS HORRIBLE.

I know with collections, and they are calling you at work all you have to tell them is "you can't call my place of work and this is my work number"... it's against the law (for collections) to call your place of work after a verbal warning. Not sure if this will fall under that category or not.

But even after a foreclosure there is still hope.

I have told them not to call my work and the last time was it so far. I have not heard. I will tell you this....it took them those years and all to drag their feet, but dang if they didn't go right to the house I left and lock that puppy up!! I am not too worried about the foreclosure. My husband and I breathed a very long sigh of relief after we made the decision to walk away. Talk about releasing stress build up. And then we laughed. People thought we were nuts cause we didn't know what we were going to do or where we were going. But we survived and have a nice home. A beautiful home. My husband has a friend who buys rental property. He said go find a house. Seriously he did! So we did. And he bought it. Now don't get me wrong, I will never ever look a gift horse in the mouth and we truly truly love this guy. We pay all of the bills. We pay his mortgage, taxes, insurance, etc. And ya know what???? My old house payment was 812.00 a month. With nothing included in that. We now pay all of those things plus the water and our payment is 650.00 for a gorgeous 2 story house, 3 bedrooms, and a detached new 2 car garage. All on about an acre and a half of land in town!! So, life does work out. When the right decisions are made. And we did that. Not worried about my crappy credit. My husband has fairly good credit. We will be working on improving that over the next 3 years then take a loan out to buy this house.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,028,856 times
You walked out on a house to save $162/mo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate