Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM

301 posts, read 1,542,350 times

Advertisements

This morning my agent brought the other agents from other brokers through this morning.First thing they were VERY courteous and made sure they didn't make a mess. I was watching the group.Because the agents for the RE company here in the Jax area were like a stampeded.Back to the house,I stayed outside.The feedback on the house was great.They asked if I lived alone and were very surprized to hear its my wife and two boys and me.The house they looked at before ours had children and looked like a bomb had been deployed.One agent was on the phone calling a buyer he has to set up a showing.He was wondering why the house didn't show up on a search.His buyer is looking for a place with 1 plus acre and a big garage.I have a 1000sq ft garage.So a positive morning.Talked with my agent to double check how the house is on the MLS.So its picked up better on searches.And nothing negitive on the asking price.But will wait for the written feedback.So some good can come from caravans.Was it here I read that some don't like caravans.Thanks for listening to my ramble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM

582 posts, read 2,004,691 times
That sounds promising, maybe you'll get it sold soon!

Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

335 posts, read 1,177,905 times
wishing you luck, I wish they would do caravans here. I was told they are too much of a liability though. Liz

Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,198,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
wishing you luck, I wish they would do caravans here. I was told they are too much of a liability though. Liz
ok maybe your agent can hold an agent open house
its a little different from a caravan

Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,506,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
I asked our agent when we first put our home on the market to do a caravan and she said she didn't do them because no one would come and if anyone came it would be for the food they served.I would have paid for the food since at least the realtors would see the house but I quess in this part of FL they do not do them. Good luck in selling your home.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,871,062 times
I remember that thread and I think you were asking about a broker's open which is different. Here the association sets up Caravans which consists of usually 30 Realtors who go through a list of homes very quickly. They do it every other week hitting different parts of the city each time. Aprox 15 homes are on the list. It's a great way to get Realtors to the house and to get feedback on condition, pricing, etc. Since it's the same schedule month after month it enables the salespeople to actually schedule it in to their work week.
A broker's open is something that a particular Realtor does on their own and it's a lot more difficult to get them out.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:07 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,328,844 times
I had the realtors caravan this past week and I'm scheduled for the MLS Realtors Open House next week. The caravan, like yours, 1970pelle, was all positive. Now if only someone would bring a buyer!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,202,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I asked our agent when we first put our home on the market to do a caravan and she said she didn't do them because no one would come and if anyone came it would be for the food they served.I would have paid for the food since at least the realtors would see the house but I quess in this part of FL they do not do them. Good luck in selling your home.
At least in our situation the agent paid for all the food. That was part of her responsibility. May be different in different places. It's to bad they don't consider doing caravans in your area as I think it was a great way for the information about your home getting spread around. IMPO

Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,506,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
I remember that thread and I think you were asking about a broker's open which is different. Here the association sets up Caravans which consists of usually 30 Realtors who go through a list of homes very quickly. They do it every other week hitting different parts of the city each time. Aprox 15 homes are on the list. It's a great way to get Realtors to the house and to get feedback on condition, pricing, etc. Since it's the same schedule month after month it enables the salespeople to actually schedule it in to their work week.
A broker's open is something that a particular Realtor does on their own and it's a lot more difficult to get them out.
You are right it was a brokers open.I am use to those since in CA they would have them on Thursdays but the agents came in their own cars so it wasn't a caravan. I will ask our agent to do it but I think I know what her answer will be. Our contract is up Dec 7th so I do think we need new Ideas. Just sent her the e mail an I will see what she says. She also has had no replies from the realtors that showed our home two weeks ago.She said no one is returning her call and I do know that ony guy loved it so whats up?????

Last edited by lorriem; 11-10-2007 at 10:40 AM..

Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 AM

631 posts, read 2,436,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I asked our agent when we first put our home on the market to do a caravan and she said she didn't do them because no one would come and if anyone came it would be for the food they served.
I had a big idea when I first got into real estate selling land. I counted for every 10 appts., 1 bought. So I made sure I had 10 appts every week for 1 sale a week. It worked. Then I had a big idea! Hey! I'll book 10 appts for one showing!

There I was at our meeting spot, first thing in the morning. All excited for my caravan to show up. Mom's, dad's kids and dogs! I was there with my clipboard in hand to check off everyone to make sure I didn't leave anyone behind.

There I was all alone in the parking lot, alone, alone then here comes a car! Some folks showed up that wouldn't make an appt. We waited and no one else came so off we went! Later I called every appointment to see what happened. They ALL decided to sleep in and do it another day. Not one phone call to cancel. No one worried about coming as they knew I'd be there anyway with everyone else. To say the least, it was a dismal failure.

I do like the caravan idea you guys are talking about, but here we are so scattered and miles from eachother, we'd really just have to pass the shopper off to the other broker. I could see coming up with a coop plan with other brokers for something like that. Good idea. Gave me a new idea to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate