Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 PM

17,669 posts, read 29,540,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I work in your area...know some agents require pre-approval from their lender
Who signs these insane agreements?
"their lender"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,187 times
I am house hunting in a different area and can tell you that would be deal breaker for me! As a buyer or seller everyone needs to have equal representation....check for motivation. Is your agent working for you or are them getting a kickback from the mortgage company ?

Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM

559 posts, read 1,351,422 times
Stick with the preapproval clause. Sure ut could limit showings to those qualified to purchase however on the other hand it will protect you from having a deal fall through at the last moment and your property sitting for months

Old 07-19-2013, 12:52 PM

32,480 posts, read 47,405,393 times
If I am buying, I would already have my own lender already lined up. I'm not going to be submitted the paperwork all over again to a lender I am not going to use.

If I am selling, I won't accept an offer where the buyer can't show me where the money is coming from to pay for the house. But I don't much care where the money is coming from, as long as the buyer can prove he can get the money.

It's not out of the question to accept an offer with the clause that the buyer has 2 working days to prove up funds. Proof of funds does not necessarily have to come with the initial offer.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 PM

32,480 posts, read 47,405,393 times
Adding: it is beyond me why any agent would be out showing property to anyone without some sort of knowledge that the potential buyer could come up with the money to purchase.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:25 PM

633 posts, read 1,004,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
If I am buying, I would already have my own lender already lined up. I'm not going to be submitted the paperwork all over again to a lender I am not going to use.

If I am selling, I won't accept an offer where the buyer can't show me where the money is coming from to pay for the house. But I don't much care where the money is coming from, as long as the buyer can prove he can get the money.

It's not out of the question to accept an offer with the clause that the buyer has 2 working days to prove up funds. Proof of funds does not necessarily have to come with the initial offer.
Preapproval from ANY LENDER!! It does not have to be the Listing Agent's choice! Preapproval is an absolute must with a serious offer, but this being tied to the Listing Agent is insanity and I believe the OP is naive and inexperienced with the home selling process.

If someone is buying a house, the ducks should be lined up and ready to go if they are serious buyers. this 2 day to provide proof of funds things is BS as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,434,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post

The only thing I can think of - is my listing agent requires that the buy be pre-approved through his lender before he will accept an offer. Is that driving potential buyers away?

Are you absolutely certain it says through his lender as opposed to a lender?

Old 07-19-2013, 04:16 PM

8,071 posts, read 9,985,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Stick with the preapproval clause. Sure ut could limit showings to those qualified to purchase however on the other hand it will protect you from having a deal fall through at the last moment and your property sitting for months
Any lender? Sure. The agents lender? NOT unless there was a major payment to the home seller for the aggravation and lost sales opportunities.

However, OP, you did say that this was in your contract...but you also said you had a deal fall apart because the buyer was unable to get financed. So how did this happen if every buyer is approved through the agent's lender prior to making a bid? If the deal did fall apart due to financing, what good is the agent's bank's approval?

Hmmmm......

Old 07-19-2013, 05:09 PM

793 posts, read 1,412,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Any lender? Sure. The agents lender? NOT unless there was a major payment to the home seller for the aggravation and lost sales opportunities.

However, OP, you did say that this was in your contract...but you also said you had a deal fall apart because the buyer was unable to get financed. So how did this happen if every buyer is approved through the agent's lender prior to making a bid? If the deal did fall apart due to financing, what good is the agent's bank's approval?

Hmmmm......
Because the original one still went with his own financing, and couldn't get it together anywhere near the arranged close of escrow.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
Because the original one still went with his own financing, and couldn't get it together anywhere near the arranged close of escrow.
I can't say he's wrong.

If someone brought me an offer from Bank of America, I would want them to talk to my lender (or a better lender). There are lenders who cannot get the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate